Part 24 - Growing closer to each other

Next day...

Mini stayed at home with Arya as Neil had to go to the hospital. He was on his way when he realised that he had forgotten one of his important files at home. He took a u-turn and drove back
home to get the file. Meanwhile, Mini was getting bored and went to the kitchen. She grabbed some snacks and started munching, sitting on the chair outside the kitchen. After a while, she went towards Arya's room, walking past Neil's when she saw Rani arranging his wardrobe. She went inside.

Mini: Rani didi, aap yeh kya kar rahe ho?

Rani: Didi, bhaiya ke kapde press kiye the. Wohi rakh rahi hoon.

Mini: Acha.. toh.. yeh main.. kar deti hoon. Aap baaki kaam dekh lo.

Rani: Nahi didi. Bas ho gaya hai. Main yeh kapde rakh ke aur kaam bhi nipta dungi. Aur waise bhi aapko pata nahi chalega kaise karna hai. Bhaiya ko naa apna sara saman, khaas kar kapde theek jagah par chahiye hote hain. Aisa nahi hoga toh woh mujh par gussa karenge.

Mini: Nahi karenge woh gussa. Main baat kar lungi. Aap jaao naa. Main karti hoon yeh.

She nodded her head and left. Mini started arranging his clothes in the cupboard, smiling all the way. She heard the splashing sound of water flowing in the bathroom and went to check it.

Mini: Yeh dekho.. pani kab se aise hi beh raha hai. Yeh Neil bhi naa!

She went inside the bathroom to turn off the tap. The doorbell rang and Neil entered the house. He directly went into his room and heard Mini's voice from the bathroom. The tap was not working properly and when she tried to turn it off, the water from the shower gushed out rapidly. Neil rushed inside and saw her completely drenched in water and she was struggling to turn it off.

Neil: Mini, what are you doing here?

Mini: Neil, please help me! Yeh... yeh band nahi ho raha hai.

He came forward and tried to close the tap but failed terribly and he too ended up getting soaked in water. Their hands were touching each other every now and then, trying to turn off the tap.

Aan Haan
Gulabi Si Subah
Aan Haan
Sharabi Si Hawa

Bheegi Si Bhaagi Si
Mere Bazuo Mein Samaye
Soti Si Jaagi Si
Koi Prem Dhun Woh Sunaye...

Both of them got dampened from head to toe. Mini was about to slip but Neil held her from her waist and pulled her close, not letting her fall. Their heartbeats were racing against their chests when the two pairs of eyes met again. The water continued to seep down from their head to face, pouring down in great quantity from their chins and bodies, but it didn't affect their eye lock.

Raahein Waahein Bole Baatein Rumani
Aao Baitho Suno Baatein Kahani Hai
Haan Hain
Taazi Taazi Lage Humko Rozana
Teri Meri Baatein Yun To Purani Hai
Haan Hai..

Aan Haan
Khayalon Se Pale
Aan Haan
Yeh Zindagi Chale

Bheegi Si Bhaagi Si
Mere Bazuo Mein Samaye
Soti Si Jaagi Si
Koi Ram Dhun Woh Sunaye...

Her hands automatically rested on his chest and they continued to look into each other's deep eyes. They became oblivious to everything around them. And in that moment what mattered was only them being together in each other's arms and lost in each other's orbs. A soft and innocent smile appeared on their faces. He tucked her hair strand behind her ear which was stuck over her face.