7.2 | and then there were four

HER POV

Zayn had his head on my lap with his eyes closed. I ran a hand through his dark locks, slowly pushing them back before they lifted back up.

"When were you going to tell me that you were a billionaire?" I asked curiously and Zayn's eyes shot open.

Zayn looked deep in thought. "If this—us—worked then I would've told you before we left the show."

"I'm guessing that many girls in your last were just after your money?" I mused with a raised brow and Zayn nodded with a sad smile.

"Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have girls around me, but after a while you start to want more," Zayn explained. "My two best friends were already settled with their wives and kids and I wanted that, but the girls I slept with didn't. They just wanted a good night and money, no strings attached. I grew bored of living that life, so I did the best thing possible and that was to come on this show."

"You couldn't find any nice rich girls?" I asked with a teasing smirk and Zayn shook his head.

"I wanted someone that didn't know who I was, you know for us to be just a boy and just a girl. To fall in love naturally," Zayn replied. "And I found that with you."

My heart warmed at his words. Had he just confessed to loving me?

Zayn's eyes widened in realization and he sprung up. "I do not want you to feel pressured to say it back, but that's just how I feel. I love you Emily and I do hope that what he have works out and-" Zayn was nervously rambling on.

I pressed my lips against his ending his sentence short. I gave him a warm smile as I pulled away. His lips broke into a tiny smirk as his cheeks tinted themselves a light shade of red. He was blushing.

"I—I have never experienced the romantic love," I confessed. "So, it is hard for me to say it back, but I do have feelings for you Zayn and I hope that they can blossom into something stronger."

Although, I knew that it was not the response he was hoping for, Zayn still smiled nonetheless. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I hope so, too," he whispered as he pulled away.

"Everyone please gather at the dock to bid your farewells to one of our contestants," Sarah's voiced echoed through the intercoms in the huts.

"Bid farewell?" I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. Zayn mirrored my expression.

We slipped out of the bed and walked toward the docks. The other contestants were just as confused as us.

"Who do you think is leaving?" Ivory asked as she met us at the porch stairs.

"My bet is on Sasha," David grinned and Ivory nudged him gently. "What? We were all thinking it, love."

Ivory rolled her eyes and led David toward the dock. We followed behind them as did the other islanders. Sasha and Jake were already at the scene.

"If it's not her then..." David looked up and we found Riya with her suitcase on one hand. Lawrence was knelt beside her.

"Please Riya, don't leave, please," he begged.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

"I will not burden you with a child that is not yours," Riya said with tear-filled eyes. "They are going to send someone new in, someone that doesn't lie to you."

Lawerence grabbed onto Riya's hand. "I don't want anyone else but you. I love you Riya."

We all gasped at the sudden declaration. We looked between the two figures, waiting to see what Riya would do next.

"Goodbye Lawrence," Riya pulled her hand out of his grip and entered the awaiting boat. "Goodbye, guys. I wish you all good luck!"

We waved sadly at Riya. Lawrence was quick to stand up and join her on the boat.

"Lawrence, what are you doing? Get off!" Riya tried to push Lawrence off but he would not budge. Instead he wrapped his arms around Riya's waist and pulled her close.

"If you're leaving then I am leaving with you," he declared as he gently stroke her face. "I don't care if they send someone new in. I fell head over heels for you woman and no one is changing that."

"But I lied to you about something serious?"

Lawrence shook his head. "I overreacted before. Whether you choose to keep this baby or not, I am here to stay."

"Lawrence," Riya cried out and closed the gap between them. The girls gushed at the scene while the boys cheered Lawrence on. Well, except for Sasha who scrunched her nose in annoyance and walked away.

"I'm yours forever, baby," Lawrence said as the two pulled away and Riya giggled like a schoolgirl.

The boat began to leave the dock and we all waved goodbye at the couple.

"He does know he left all his belongings right?" David mused as he cocked his head to the side.

"That forgetful idiot," Jordan snorted and we all bursted out laughing.

We walked back toward the patio as the boat grew smaller and smaller. All the contestants looked around at one another knowing that we were close to the end. No one dared say a thing.

We all knew what was coming and this was not the end of the drama. One couple had been knocked down and there were still four standing...for now.

Author's Note Cue the suspense music! So one couple has left the island, who do you guys think is next? Also, are Ivory and David finally giving it a try? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I love hearing back from you my lovelies, it lets...

Author's Note
Cue the suspense music! So one couple has left the island, who do you guys think is next? Also, are Ivory and David finally giving it a try? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I love hearing back from you my lovelies, it lets me know you are enjoying the story this far.

Next week I am planning to do a double-update on Tuesday and Thursday. I have wrapped up Forbidden Attractions and I need to get this one done as well because it is falling behind schedule. I have many more books in line waiting to leave my drafts. So, next week four more chapters will come out. Stay tuned! Have a safe and happy weekend! I'll see you all next week.
Xoxo, Liz

Song: House of Memories - Panic at the Disco