Little birdy

—---------

     Mumbo and Iskall trudged up the stairs and into Grian's room. Thankfully he was peacefully sleeping so Mumbo and Iskall didn't really have to worry about his prototype or a bird.

     Every 7 months this would happen, sometimes it'd be even 5 months. Mumbo tripped over one of Grian's bags and fell to the ground with a thud. This alerted the Harpy hybrid, which caused him to sit straight up and look at them both. He made a quiet growl like noise with his ears tilting in a downward position.

     An hour after chasing the young harpy down, they managed to tire him out and get him back into the blanket nest they had made.

     It really wore the two men out to take care of Grian when this happened, he was already a handful already. They found out about this stage of Grian at Sahara. It was a big shock to them to see Grian so hostile but playful

     Grian sat beside Xisuma on the bed. Xisuma didn't allow anyone but Jevin, Cub, Wels, and False into the room while he was sleeping. Grian wasn't even allowed in his room.

     Xisuma stirred slightly and woke up to a weight on his chest. Xisuma's eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness and saw Grian staring at him with wide eyes.

     "Grian.?"      He managed to sit up, resulting in Grian falling into Xisuma's lap. Grian's wings were spread out onto the bed.

     Grian managed to let out a small chirp which confused Xisuma even more. He didn't know Grian could chirp. Yes he was a harpy but he genuinely didn't know.

     Grian laid against him, like how a baby would do to his father. Grian saw Xisuma as a father figure for the most part, so that makes sense in whatever was happening Xisuma was seen as his father. Thankfully he had all the sharp objects put up in boxers or in drawers.

     Grian had basically attached himself to Xisuma because even Xisuma himself couldn't pry him off. It was like a strong sloth. Grian hid his face in the corner of Xisuma's neck for comfort. Xisuma got the memo and gently started to rub under his wings.

     This caused the young harpy to loosen his grip and relax.

      Xisuma started to put the pieces together and rubbed behind Grian's ear.

     "Why didn't you tell me buddy.?"   Grian already had tears welled up in his eyes, refusing to let them fall down.

     "Were you scared I was gonna hurt you.?"        Grian quickly nodded, tucking his face back into the warmth of his neck. Grian was scared of what Xisuma would think of him, when Mumbo and Iskall found out it all had gone downhill, or that's what he thought at least.

     Mumbo and Iskall welcomed him with open arms. Iskall was part cyborg and Mumbo somewhat a demigod. Wasn't much of one but he only used the small bit of power he had to heal dangerous injuries. But he didn't know what Xisuma would do.

     They just sat in silence while Xisuma rubbed the fluff under his back. Grian had calmed down and he wasn't hyper, but he wasn't tired either. Every time he had a panicked jerk Xisuma would hold onto him and pull him close saying 'papas gotcha..'

     It calmed the small harpy enough to where he melted into Xisuma's chest. Xisuma didn't really mind Grian seeing his face in this state, he just had to get his helmet back on before he went back to normal.

     Grian sat up in the unfamiliar room, idmeddianly going into a state of panic. Xisuma sat up from beside him and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey hey-"      Grian's panic got worse, did he see him in that state? What did he think of him, did he think of him less? See him as a-

     He got pulled out of his thoughts with a hand rubbing under his wings. He sniffled and looked back up at Xisuma's face, which now was covered by the helmet, slowly calming down.

     "Why didn't you tell me about his Grian? I could've, and can still help"      grian lowered his head and shrugged to the question that had been pointed to him.

     "I know I broke so many rules of your house.. Don't go into your house with permission, don't go into your room at all, and don't look at your face without the helmet.. I can't remember it though.."      Xisuma sat a small plush beside him.

     "Just because you were in whatever state you were i-"

     "It's called a bird state.. I don't mean to do it and I can't control it.."      Xisuma continued as Grian slowly picked up the plushie.

     "Just because you were in that state doesn't make you less important than everyone else here. Everyone here has things just like you as well, some a few more than others."      Grian couldn't help but giggle, trying to make up a response.

     "Mumbo and Iskall are probably worried about you since you did kinda vanish-"      And with that, Grian took off.

—--------------------------------------

846 words yay! Have a good day my fellow friends :>