Chapter 11

Dipper walks into the kitchen to see his sister with the biggest smile pasted across her face. He already knew that she was gonna tell him something that he didn’t like. He took a deep sigh and ventured into it, “yes?”. 

She hops off the counter and goes over to him as he grasps desperately for his coffee maker. “I’m gonna go to a party tonight.  Annnnd, I kinda want to catch up with you sooo”

“You already said I was coming didn’t you?” he says with a knowing tone and putting the grounds into the pod for the miracle machine. She cringes , by which it meant yes, she did already say he was going to be there. “thought so. Seems like I have no choice then huh?” 

His demeanor changes, he’s learned to humor his sister over the years. 

“But I can’t stay too long ok? I still got a lot of work to do in the morning.”  she agrees knowing that he had and always will be the busier of the two twins. 

She rejoices and they chat it up in the kitchen, it had been a long while since they’d actually been able to talk to one and other in person. 

Meanwhile, in the upstairs bathroom the demon morphs into his human state. Keeping his previous one takes a lot out of him these days. His magic dwindles in certain aspects ever since he was brought back into this reality. 

He presses his lower back into the cold of the porcelain sink taking deep breaths. He swallows hard trying to collect himself. He puts one hand on his chest, feeling how rapidly it’s going.  “What..is this.” he murmurs to himself turning around to face himself in the mirror. 

This newfound feeling is jittery and uncomfortable, not in a bad way to say the least. His tinted black fingers prod at his own face, trying to get rid of the color that had arisen within it. He splashes his face with water , slicking his hair to the side. 

“Wretched human bodily functions….” he says shaking his head beating down his emotions. Aside from rage, he’s unfamiliar with the other array of things anyone could possibly feel. He blinks, the memory of dippers arms around him replays in his brain briefly. 

“What the..” he growls as his previously calm heartbeat rises again. He definitely dislikes this new development, to him it seems like a burden. Especially since it’s not something he has control over, that was bound to make him seethe. 

He eventually gets back to a semi-normal state, still a bit shaken up after all that. He quietly makes it halfway down the stairwell, to look into the kitchen. His eyes soften at the two’s conversation as he listens in. 

Something pulls the strings of a smile on his face. Watching them, he could see how his jealousy blinded him before. Of course, he’d want something like that, to be satisfied in the presence of others. For once, he didn’t envy such a sight, but was happy to be close to it.