Chapter 53

Labored breathing rang out, the small boy sat up abruptly from his slumber. The ringing of bells had awoken him. Bill looked around, eyeing where the noise could be coming from.

 He listened closely, he saw his sister snoring softly in the corner of the room. He shivered, it was so early in the morning, or late at night that the chill had set in; even in the summer. More often than not, It was hard to tell time here. His feet hit the cold wooden floor with a thump.

He stepped around where the boards would bow and creak. It was a game he had gotten quite good at, evading the ears of his sister. The blonde got to the door and went through, making his way out soundlessly. He looked around, and a luring mystic light shined from beneath the bathroom door, more potent than the dim yellow that typically illuminated the small space.

He stepped inside as twinkles and wisps of magic floated around him and led him to the wall vanity. The reflection rippled like a puddle, and there appeared the smiling face of the demon; kind and welcoming with the sounds of bells. Bill stepped up on the stool in front of the cabinets to get a better look.

"I told you we'd talk later did I not?" Dipper seemed to be expecting the boy and patiently waiting. He had an aura about him, akin to a purring cat or a coiled snake. At times it was hard to tell which.

"Yeah!---", Bill said excitedly. Immediately getting spooked at his own volume, he blushed and quieted himself after waiting for a sign that someone may have heard him. "I mean...yeah, you did.", he whispered. "I have so much to tell you."

"Well, come on in then.", Dipper coaxed, offering Bill his clawed hand. The boy looked at it with a cocked brow and stuck out his hand in return. His eyes widened, as the creature reached through the glass and pulled him straight through. The entire world shifted on its side as Bill was brought into this mirror-like dimension.

 He winced as he was suddenly placed on his feet on sturdy ground. He opened his eyes to see a true wonder. Mirrors, windows, and all reflective surfaces seemed to float around in this place. It was an oddity, all meshed with beautiful colors and bursts of galaxies.

"Wow!", Bill exclaimed, letting go of the entity's hand. "What is this place?", he said as his eyes twinkled with wonder up at the demon, who began to walk ahead of him.

"This? Is my little slice of home.", he said with a slight chuckle. "I can see everything from here from all across the earth. Pretty neat, is it not?", he asked looking back at the boy.

"You can see anything??", Bill asked curiously as he caught up with the taller man's strides.

"Of course, here, let me show you.", the beast said as he floated a mirror over to both of them with his hand. The surface of the reflective glass warped and displayed the other side of the world, with vast mountains and jungles. It then switched to famous places, such as the Eiffel tower and the pyramids of Giza.