Chapter 22 (updated with artwork)

The young boy drifted off into sleep, a fuzzy warm sort of slumber. His eyes fluttered as his consciousness drifted into his own dreams.

The scene started sort of normal, as if it were to be an everyday occurrence. Going to the forrest to study some sort of species or phenomenon happening.

Just then, as he was picking a sample from a plant to add to his collection; a fog rolled in amongst the trees.

As time passed in the woods, the fog became denser and more billowy until it had the same appearance as clouds. Dipper was confused, he couldn’t quite control his dream at this point. 

He had been practicing lucid dreaming for a while now. It was something his uncle had tought him to do better after his first encounter with Bill.

 He looked around trying to see though the now billowing clouds. He took a few steps in front of him, and he was actually able to step up onto the clouds.

He smiled, and began to frolic around whooping and howling with laughter and joy. He plopped down on one of the fluffy surfaces and he bounced like he did when he jumped on his bed.

His body settled into the puffiness that lay beneath him, he closed his eyes a moment with a grin on his face. Suddenly, he heard voices.

They seemed to be further away, he listened closely to try to make out what they were saying for a moment before sitting up. 

He looked over in that general direction and made his way over to the noise. He jumped up and climbed one of the bigger mounds of clouds and peered over the other side.

Right below was a massive creature. It floated above the clouds with what could only be called grace. It’s long pink leafy tail and facial feathers spread out in all directions as it circled the area. 

It stopped, looking down at something direction in the middle of it’s gaze. Dipper squinted to get a better look at what was going on below. A familiar triangular yellow figure bowed on the ground before the massive beast. 

“You…acctually saved me.”, Bill said as his eye was downcast. He wasn’t able to look this thing in the eye. 

“You called upon me.”, the axolotl said, without moving it’s mouth. It’s voice was etherial in nature. 

“I …I know I messed up bad this time…Why didn’t you just…”. The three sided demon was on his knees now. 

“This was the last time Bill Cipher….that you shall go without proper punishment.”

“A-Anything, I shouldn’t even be alive. You show me too much mercy…”

“Silence.”, Bill stayed perfectly still. It was odd seeing him this terrified. Dipper watched intensely as this all occurred. No way that his brain could make this all up, he thought to himself. 

“This shall be your punishment.”, Bill flinched, as the axolotol reached its hand out and touched him. There was a bright light that made dipper shield his eyes. Regaining his vision, the boy leaned closer to see.

As the glow faded, there Bill was, in his human state. He was huddled up on the ground as he had been before, cowering before the mighty mythical creature. 

He trembled now, this form showed just how terrified he had been. He looked up in disbelief, then down at his own hands; inspecting them for the first time. 

“What…”, he muttered as the beast curled in the air. 

“This is how you shall live out the rest of your life, the same as those who fought against you. And won”