Chapter 59

Bill's little lungs were out of steam by the time he got to the Gleeful residence. He collected himself before using the knocker on the door. There was a pause before shouting and shuffling within the house. Part of the blonde said to leave, and the other half said you have to go through with this.

Before his feet could make up their minds a big man with a chubby stature, and sideburns answered the door. Bill cowered in his shadow looking comparatively small. He clutched his satchel to his own chest nervously.

"Well hello there, and who might you be?", the man said with a jovial tone; definitely a morning person by personality.

"I-I'm Bill, Bill Pines? Uhm, I'm looking for Gideon?" The man lifts a brow underneath his straw hat but then waves his hand.

"Of course, come on in. We don't get company often, Gideon, you have someone here to see you." Bud called out as he and Bill entered the house. It was a quaint residence, nothing too fancy but it wasn't intimidating at all. Some may call it cozy.

The pudgy boy shuffled downstairs as quickly as he could, being careful to not trip over his own oversized pants legs. His eyes seemed to rush to Bill as soon as he saw him, and so did his feet.

"You came.", The child star exclaimed under his breath and he looked up at Bill.

"What's this all about?", The blonde asked in a concerned tone.

"I'll show you...", the boy said a bit ominously. Bill swallowed as Gideon motioned him to follow. Bill stayed cautious but his curiosity and anticipation got the better of him.

The pair opened a back door that led down a small set of concrete steps. A pull cord was tugged, and a dim overhead light flicked on just above them.

They made it into the small workspace, which was his Father's garage. Gideon turned to Bill, a bit wild-eyed. It was obvious that he was a bit shaken up already.

"He can't see us down here, I covered everything up to be sure of that." The small boy looked back and forth, before opening up to Bill. "You know about the books don't you?" the child star whispered. The small boy was precautious but as his eyes wandered up he could see through Bill. "So you do know something....."

Bill only nodded. Gideon pulled out his Journal three, and the blonde's heart began to beat out of his chest. This was the moment he was waiting for; he swallowed hard to try to contain his excitement.

"I ...didn't know there was a third addition....I...have book two," Bill says in a hushed tone. In all honesty, if it wasn't for all the strangeness of the situation he would have just asked outright to borrow it.

He was no doubt inquisitive about its contents, especially with how fond he was of the second one. It was beyond intrigue at this point he needed to know.

"The other night...I summoned The Great Constellation.", Gideon's paranoid eyes shifted around the room as he said this. As though just muttering the name could draw him near. "H-he's from this book, and I know you're the only one who's going to believe me."

"Oh, I know him. He's so ni-" the boy was about to gush about his friendship with the beast when he was caught off guard.

"He's evil, pure evil." The younger boy exclaimed; talking over Bill.

The blonde gave a confused and truthfully offended look. He reeled back from the boy a little.

"No..he....What are you saying?" there was a rolling tide in Bill's stomach that he couldn't quite explain. He neither felt wrong nor right at this moment; just existed in disgust.