Chapter 25 (Updated with Artwork)

“Let him in, I want to see him”, the voice said weakly through the wooden door. The three men look at each other. “Just, him…”. The voice said getting quieter.

“I think he means you .”, Dipper said, directing it at Ford, stepping out of his way still looking nervous. He moves and heads back towards the stairs. “Come on grunkle Stan”, he said, coaxing his other uncle to come with him.

Ford gulps, turning back towards the door. He grips the hand-held device in one hand and turns the knob with the other. He heads in.

Downstairs, the two stir an awkward silence like a pot in the air.

“So uh, men huh?”, the older man breaks the ice. Dipper sort of cringes still, very uncomfortable with the topic. He bites the inside of his lip.

“I, never really ever planned on telling you.”, he said with a guilty look on his face. His stomach churned in a little bit of self-hate and disgust.

“Why? Just thought I wouldn’t be cool with it?”, his uncle pulled up a seat at the dining room table.

“Yeah, something like that.”, he said swallowing a lump of coal that had been gathering in his throat.

“So, how’s that going for you? Anything interesting?”, he’s trying his best to make Dipper feel better but it may be only making the situation worse.

“My passion for my work kinda gets in the way of that.”. Stan only sighs. “You take a lot after my brother. Kinda figures though ”, he says absent-mindedly.

“I guess in that way, we are alike,” Dipper says, eyeing the stairs. He doesn’t know why but he feels some sort of foreboding. Dipper is scared for his uncle, and himself depending on what goes on in there. It’s unknown what is going to happen after all this. A piece of him also silently worries for Bill.

Ford enters the room, and his eyes race to his scanner. It’s going off in rapid succession. He moves forwards, feet creaking on the floorboards. He stands over the bed and puts away his scanner, readying his weapon. He looks down to see a somewhat normal-looking individual.

The blonde lays there, pale, eyes closed. He couldn’t be older than his early twenties. He is under the covers, blankets pulled up to his chest. The man lets his guard down slightly, looming over the younger-looking person.

“It is a boy…”, he says reaching out to check the ill one’s temperature. Yellow slit eyes bolt open.

“Sixer”, he turns his head to face him; he looks exhausted.

“Bill…”, the man’s sudden disbelief crumbles into anger as he retracts his hand and pulls out his weapon. He aims it right at the demon.

Ford grits his teeth threatening him. “Get out of this poor boy’s body. You have no right to be here.”

“You’ve got me all wrong old friend.”, he says just as ford was about to talk over him.

“Why is dipper hiding you?! And, Don’t call me that.”, he pushes the weapon closer to the beast's face. “Explain yourself cipher, give me one good reason not to shoot.”

“I….have a deal with dipper.”, he says, too weak to be phased.

“You…what.”, ford growls becoming more furious.

“Please, sit down….I’ll explain everything.”, Bill says softly as though to tell ford he means no harm.

Their eyes meet each other, and Ford searches the tiredness in the demon’s face. He decides against his better judgment to be the bigger man and allow himself to be mollified.