Chapter 47

“What are you doing? '', the ethereal floating infant said as he approached the area of disturbance. Alarms had been sounding, something had gotten in.

“Oh, nothing. You’re just in time actually.”, the entity turned on its axis to look up at the significant hovering being.

The trespassing creature was very small in comparison, he appeared to be some sort of group of stars with a floating hat above its assumed head. Somehow this beast managed to get past all of the infant’s defenses with ease.

“You dare invade my domain”, the time baby said ominously. He squinted down at him, eyes narrowing angrily. He’s wary of this invading polygon.

“No- no, you’ve helped me quite a lot. I got what I came for…”, a toothy grin appeared on the blue trapezoid’s face.

He was clearly malicious in intent. The trespasser turns back to the multitude of time machines before him. One, in particular, had a screen directed at two children in the future.

“Step aside or face my wrath…”, the baby places both of his chubby pointer fingers on his temples ready to fire a laser at the being. He knew that whatever he was after, it wasn’t good in nature.

“You don’t get it, I don’t want anything from you other than what I’ve already acquired.” The blue trapezoid sounded as though he were becoming increasingly impatient. Yet, he chuckled with amusement.

“What do you plan to do…”, the booming voice of the infant echoed.

“Well, I should be thanking you…now all I have to do is wait billions of years to take what is mine.”, he says while reaching and tracing his finger over a switch. “Unless….”, his voice was laced with trickery.

Before he can flip it on, the baby’s heated laser gaze strikes him. The trapezoid moves out of the way, and within the next few minutes, a display of power between the two beings ensues.

It was unlike anything seen in the past, an event like this would set the tone for the rest of time. Most of the realm of the future is destroyed in its wake causing a mass catastrophe. In a war of attrition, one would remain victorious.

“You’ll pay for this…”, the blue trapezoid coughs and growls as he crawls slowly onto the ground and turns up to face the floating entity above him.

“You should have never entered my realm.”, the baby says, catching his breath. It had been difficult to hold his own against this enemy.

The trapezoid-like creature points at the infant with a shaky finger. “I…Dipper, The Great Constellation, will return…and when I do, you will regret ever crossing me.” With that, he phases out altogether, badly wounded, and unable to fight any longer.

“What-ya doing?'' Mabel hops on her brother’s box spring mattress. He groans, looking up at her from the pages of the book he was indulging himself in, annoyed.

“I’m reading.”, Bill said looking back down at the pages. She’s been increasingly bugging him for the past few days. She wants him to get out and do things with her but he’s been stubbornly refusing. He’s tired enough from his grunkle Stan bullying him half of the time.

“You wanna hang out with Wendy and her friends later today, pleaaaseee.”, she begs him with big, glimmering eyes.

“No.”, the blonde says with a huff.

“Oh, come on, Blotch, come with me.”, she says playfully, shaking his knees. For some reason, he began to feel insecure about the discoloration of his arms and legs. She had kept calling him this nickname, as though it was normal.