Chapter 18 (updated with artwork)

Dipper was at work , something he loathed at this point in his life . His job wasn't demanding, it was just a customer service disaster . He sighed , he truly wished to just be back in the woods studying the oddities of Gravity Falls.

He had always wondered what had drawn him back to that place after he had went off to school. Perhaps the blood of his great uncle did run strong in him. He shrugs, a problem solver at heart he supposed. He was trying not to let things boggle up under his skin that day. There was a lot on his mind but for now his main priority was bagging groceries.

Meanwhile...in the mystery shack.

Bill found himself staring at the mirror again. This time, not in such a pleasant or curious manner. His face twitched as he tried to see himself clearly. Voices had been stirring around in his mind since the previous night. He hardly slept at this point.

His ombre hands clutched the sides of the sink, his vision began to blur with a haze of images flashing at the corners of his eyes. Replaying the several atrocities he'd committed meshed with sigils of the universe. His eyesight was tunneling in and out, anger arose in the demon.

He closed his eyes hard trying to will away the impending episode. But, this didn't help it only made it worse by completely allowing the images full reign of his vision, in the blacks behind his eyelids. The prickling sensation of magic coursed through him. Then it all stopped abruptly.

"Why does any of this even matter.", Bill perked up hearing the single disembodied voice bounces off the walls of the room. He hadn't even noticed that he had crumpled to his knees on the floor.

"What?", he looked around trying to find the source of the speaker.

"Why does any of this matter, you know things will never be like this for something like you, Bill." the voice started to sound more and more like his own.

"You're not real.", the demon gritted his teeth. He'd been in this position before. Talking to himself.

"Admit it. It's pointless to try and integrate yourself into this life. You're different, as you've always been." , his own voice chuckles in a cruel and snide tone.

"That's not true...I made a deal." he put his hands on his head scratching at his own ears.

"You've broken them before, and for what? To humor a shut-in Pine?, Come now Bill, aren't you repeating your past?", the voice growled.

"Ford was my friend...", he said biting back the tained memories he had of him.

"We used each other. He was no friend of yours." Bill was quiet a moment. The voice, wasn't exactly wrong. He sat back against the wall.

"I know...", he gulped, admitting to his own faults.

"Nothing will ever be good enough for you, you know that? You aren't deserving of it". The voice said softly.

"I never was...." Bill said weakly to himself.

"The only way to get anything you want or need, is to take it. Things aren't given to you..." the demons shoulders shake, more horrid memories flooding his being.

"Everything will be mine, no one can take from me....again...", Bill found himself muttering the same words as his inner voice. The whispers become louder until everything else around him, drowns.

Miles and miles away a signal reaches a boat on the ocean. A beeping of an alarm on the control panel sounds.

"Hey Stanford, come look at this." Stanley called out from under the deck of the ship. The other man rushes down he stairs as his brother leads him back under to the flashing light. He peers at it quizically, their sonar was going off for high ratings of powerful energy.

"How is this...", Ford, toggles on the screen to pinpoint the coordinates of the exact location of the magnetic disturbance.

"It's so big, what could be causing it?", Stan asks , furrowing his brows at the screen.

"Give it a second, I'm trying to figure that out. We haven't gotten a reading like this in forever."He said with both an excited and worried tone in his voice.

The screen in redirected and focuses on one place on the digital map.

"Gravity Falls..." both of the men almost said in sync. They look at each other their faces growing confused and serious.

"Looks like we got to turn back. Something is brewing. And I'm not liking it." Ford said as he turned back to calibrate the ship's direction. They were headed home.

 They were headed home

Hello everyone , Art update

Hello everyone , Art update . Wow , this chapter was something else . Real talk, I depict Bill with an extreme example of mania and other very serious mental illness. This does not absolve him from any of his actions obviously ; though it is good to make it clear that it did have a role in them . So, to anyone with struggles such as these , or loved ones with mental health problems, please be there for them . Sometimes it's all you can do , and it may be all they need .