Chapter 14 (updated with artwork)

Dipper had come back one morning from taking a stroll to the grocery store in Gravity Falls. He walked into the kitchen through the back door. He heard a voice coming from the kitchen as he rounded the doorframe.

"We'll meet again~don't know where don't know when~" sounded from the room along with the clattering of dishes and running water. The demon went on singing the tune without noticing the boy making an entrance.

The brunette softly sets his bags down on the table and pulls up a chair to sit down for a bit. He needed to rest his legs. He peers over at bill, the demon had taken off his overcoat and laid it over one of the chairs. He rolled up his sleeves and buttoned them halfway up his arms.

Up until this point, dipper had thought the outfit was part of the demon, but one could only guess. Now the sunlight bounces off of his shoulders and cascades downwards as he sways in front of the sink, seemingly enjoying himself.

Dipper rests his chin on his hands deciding to watch him a moment. He had to let a smirk appear on his face knowing that he could sneak up on his former enemy like this sort of gave him a sense of pride.

The blonde's slender frame rocks side to side on his heels. The subtle detail of the black gradation of Bill's hands that run up his skin and faded away caught the boy's eyes.

He supposed that he never paid enough attention to the demon to notice the little things. The same ombre effect lingered in the roots of Bill's hair. Yet, his eyes still retained that cat-like quality.

As he had thought before, this entity may look more human now but still was far from it. He almost wondered just how much magic was stripped from the being? What he could still do if he wanted to.

His voice was soothing to the ear, dipper had completely forgotten that he started daydreaming while contemplating his housemate's features. He shook his head, "what's gotten into me" he bashed himself. His hands clammed up with the idea of himself even possibly viewing  Bill in any sort of way.

He frowned, of all the forms he could have taken did it have to be one that was very easy on the eyes? Perhaps the demon didn't get a say in that fact but still.

"Maybe I need to get out more, I've been stuck in this...shack, for too long. I must be getting desperate." he thought to himself, trying to smooth over any unsavory notions.

"Desperate for what?" the demon turned around and walked over to him whilst drying his hands with a dishrag. Bill stood over him, and Dipper blinked, wondering how long he had actually been listening to his thoughts.

Yellow eyes gleamed down at the boy, along with a toothy smile. Dipper's mind raced for a suitable diversion.

"For fresh air," he said dryly. The demon cocked a brow, becoming skeptical.

"Weren't you just outside?" he said as he started going through the bags on the table.

"Not that kind of fresh air, Bill," he said getting up from his seat.

"Then what kind?" the demon said putting away the items.

"We need to go out and do something, it's getting stuffy and cooped up in here," he said with a little more confidence.

"We? As in us. I don't think you could take me anywhere."

Bill did have a point. He didn't exactly fit in with a crowd much. And, if anyone were to recognize him, well, it wouldn't end up very pretty. Dipper did consider this a minute.

"I think there's something me and you could do together that wouldn't pose a risk."

There was a nonchalant tone to the brunette's words that almost shut the demon up entirely, but he had to question.

"Usually, it's not my cup of tea." dipper went on. "But, I haven't gone in a long time so I thought that it may be better if I had someone else go with me... Other than Mabel." He sighed at that name, he wished things were different. That wasn't going to dampen his mood though.

"Go where?" bill became curious.

"There's this night festival held on the edge of town every year in gravity falls. It was all sorts of fun when I was a kid. I'm sure we could find some sort of enjoyment...besides it would be an excuse to get out of here for a bit."  dipper smiled at the demon hoping that his words didn't come off as childish.

"You did say you'd show me everything." the demon chimed, referring back to their deal. It seemed that he didn't so easily forget it. Which means he had been pondering it too over this time that they had been spending together.

Dipper was also amazed at the fact he was able to save his own skin like that. It had appeared that he was still able to deceive the demon after all these years; at least to some extent.

"Oh yeah, that," he said with a bit of relief. He hadn't actually planned to go to the festival that weekend. He heard about it and shrugged it off, he honestly wanted to push every memory of his sister out of his mind at the moment. It was still hard for him. He's slowly accepting that this is his life now.

I thought we should get a little "dipper vision" in this chapter with the gaze on Bill

I thought we should get a little "dipper vision" in this chapter with the gaze on Bill. Support my artwork on Instagram , Rego_Artists. :)