Chapter 61

Bill awoke, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He craned his neck to look around at where he was squinting as the light pierced his vision. As his sight adjusted, galaxies burst into view, stars flitted on in the distance, and a smooth ground could be felt at his fingertips. He was on the platform of The Great Constellation's mirror dimension.

The blonde boy gasped as he stood up. He wondered how he even got here in the first place. Was he asleep? He couldn't quite remember after he had taken the star from Dipper. He scanned the elongated floating mass in front of him.

The way it reflected the sky made it look like clear water that went on for miles. Each step gave further into that illusion as the ground would ripple underfoot.

Upon inspection, there was something new in the world that he hadn't recalled from the last time he had been in it. It was weird being here without the demon which put the boy into a state of unease. This place felt larger without the demon here, so lonesome and isolated.

He ventured closer to what looked like a table and chairs in the distance. Imagine a typical place to sit and sip tea, only it was ornate and made completely of crystalline glass. It felt too fragile to even think of sitting on; impractical even.

Laid neatly on the tabletop was a note with elegant handwriting, and alongside it a ring of keys. Bill picked up the keys, they twinkled like windchimes instead of jangling. Each of their heads were akin to different shaped stars that glintined in the light with how decorated they were. He read the note carefully aloud to himself.

"I hope this finds you well, Little Triangle. Welcome yourself to my mirror world and make yourself at home for a while. I promise, everything is going smoothly with your sister's event so you mustn't worry too much. Relax, and I will be back soon. I had some things to tend to. Also, you're allowed to explore my domain. I left a set of key's to my main rooms."
~Dipper

"That's nice..." Bill said quietly after he set down the paper. The blonde pocketed the keys and continued on down the platform. Lining either side of this stretch were an array of floating mirrors. Each and every one displayed a wondrous location, either on earth or somewhere in another reality.

It was almost like walking past a television store for Bill. They had separate channels simultaneously going on different screens in the window of the shop.
This was peculiar, though, Bill had guessed that the creature had to get his source of entertainment somewhere.

He smiled at the thought of Dipper having something akin to television even in such a fantastical place like this. Bill made it abruptly to the ledge of the platform where he starred off of it. It was still ominous, as one would look down to find nothing but pitch black.

Unlike the sky above which was poking holes of color through a sheet of purple hues it was a shiver inducing contrast.
The floating landmass appeared so far away, the same one with the star tree with the embedded clock. There was no wind here, which meant there was no other force to push you off if you were by yourself except for you; you'd have to want to jump.

The boy swallowed; he knew he'd be safe though he walked across this last time to get to it. Bill took the small leap of faith out into the darkness to get to the other side. What he didn't expect is that it would take him. He let out a yelp as the void below engulfed him and the scream along with it.

Meanwhile, Bill awoke on the bathroom floor. At least, what people externally would consider the Pine's boy to be at least. The demon got up wobbly at first, but then steadied himself. It was strange he would think to himself, to be this height.

He examined himself in the mirror, turning his face side to side. There was only a small glint of moonshine in his eyes, but not noticeable enough that a human would happen upon it.
Dipper then practiced using Bills face, creating different expressions that matched perfectly to the boys' own mannerisms.