Chapter 43 (Updated with Artwork)

The brunette pants hard, all that can be heard is screaming and ringing in his ears. It was like a freight train of noise was bombarding his senses and it wouldn't stop.

The smell around him was suffocating like everything was burning, singed. It was thick in the air. Breathing it in sent him into a rattling fit of coughing. Then, all went quiet.

When he finally got the wits to open his eyes, darkness was all there was as far as he could see. Dipper had been huddled up on his knees, he slowly took his hands away from his ears and began to look around.

"Hello?", he said cautiously. His voice echoed in this place and seemed to go on forever.

The boy got up and began to walk around. It appeared that he was all alone, yet, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched.

Fear gripped him as a shiver ran up his spine, that anxiety rising again. The hairs on his neck and arms stood on end, something was terribly wrong about this place.

He began to run, it was as though he were being chased by something unseen. He didn't know what it was but it was coming for him.

This thing, this pressure, this entity was going to catch up to him eventually, he couldn't escape it.

"Dipper?", he hears a familiar voice and his head quickly whips in that direction as he stops in his tracks to turn around.

"Bill?!", he says as he is met face to face with what had been following him. His breaths echo quietly in his own ears. Spider-like dark arms come from the darkness and latch onto his limbs.

The brunette tries desperately to pull away but it is to no avail as he is forced to the ground.

A deep growl can be heard. Dipper's teeth chatter with fear as the full body of this terror appears from the blackness.

"Pinetree....", this presence was the stomach-churning sensation that haunted him for years. The demon from the dreamscape, he almost had forgotten how scared he used to be of him. Yet, now he was reminded.

The creature is humanoid, arms came from places they shouldn't. He was clad in a faded red, the multiple eyes slit and piercing.

A menacing grin parted his lips that barred a neat row of pointed teeth. Dipper shook, he wanted out of this. He wanted to wake up. The beast only snickered, watching as he trembled beneath him.

"Bill, please....stop. This isn't you anymore...this isn't....", Dipper turned his head away from the demon. His mind began to disassociate, as he could feel the brush of hot air on his neck. He was going to die, he was going to...

Something drew him from his trance, that sense of danger still overriding his very being. He blinked as an object glimmered, it was just out of finger length reach. He was suddenly very aware that bravery was eating away at his last bit of inhibition.

Dipper struggled the best he could out of nowhere. Tearing his right arm away from the beast, he grabbed desperately for the glinting item.

Dipper gripped onto it for dear life as he swiftly plunged it into the beast's weak point, his eyes. There was an ear-rattling screech as the boy was splattered with crimson.

In a blind fit, he continued to hit him repeatedly until the creature collapsed motionless on top of him. The brunette coughed and sloughed him off of himself. He got a good look at what he struck him with, a shard?

It looked like it belonged to something back at home, yet, he couldn't remember what it was. It was glass... What was it? He realized he had cuts all over his hands, and he shakily stood up, almost having the urge to wretch.

He didn't know he was capable of that at all. He began to hyperventilate, mind and heart racing.

"Dipper...what have you done.", a gruff solemn voice sounded. The boy turned to face the sound.

"G-grunkle Ford?", he almost sounded relieved to see him, he ran over wanting to embrace him. He is stopped by the older man's six-fingered hand. The boy is confused.

"What...But, Grunkle Ford...", he shivers.

"Didn't I tell you not to trust anyone? Look what you've done...", he gestures behind Dipper.

The brunette swallowed hard; the man's eerie tone unsettled him. He turned slowly on his heel to follow the direction by which he was being pointed.

His eyes widened as he saw what lay on the ground. Tears formed quickly in his eyes.

"M-Mabel...", he said in utter disbelief as he witnessed the girl laying there lifelessly. "B-But, No, what was Bill I swear it was....", he turned back to his uncle. "Y-you have to believe me..."

"Looking for this...", Ford pulls a picture frame out of his coat pocket and hands it to Dipper. It's shattered, with a large shard missing. The photo inside was of their first summer together.

"I..." He clutches the picture frame to his chest and drops to his knees, he hangs his head overcome with tremors.

A heavy hand is placed on his shoulder, he looks up and is met with those slit eyes and smile. His other arms spindled out in an unraveling fashion. The demon liften dipper's chin.

"That may not have been real ...but the thought was ....wasn't it ?"

The boy is caught in a frozen terror. "W-what ?" He stammered.

"You want her gone...you want me gone, don't you? You don't want to deal with us anymore ...", the entity's smirk faded as he said this.

"N-no, that's not true ...." Whispers seem to emanate from the darkness around them, growing louder and more abundant.

"It's not? Then prove it, Pines ..., find her, find me...if you can." He cackles, as his body begins to dissipate into the black void around them. "I'll be watching you".

His voice warped and faded out with the whispers.

He was left utterly alone.

Here is a little drawing I did, how I invisioned this version of Bill looking hehe

Thank you so much for your ongoing amount of support and love <3