Chapter 23

Yellow eyes blink awake tiredly, trying desperately to keep open. The boy comes over to the bed.

“Do you ever get scared Bill?”, the demon blinks hardly lucid.

“What kind of question is that?”, he says sitting up and cracking his own neck audibly and with a pained groan.

“I…just wanted to know.”, he said dancing around his dream the other night.

“Of course, I do…, even more so now.”, he says with his voice slowly coming back to him. The brunette raises his brows.

“Is it because of all this.”, he says motioning to ALL of Bill. He gives him a smirk. The demon appears to be unamused.

“Ha ha very funny Pinetree, …you’re not wrong though. I used to be so reckless before, I had no hindrances. You know?”. The beast looks over at the boy.

“I guess I get it…how are you feeling?”, he says standing next to the bed.

“Honestly, never haven’t felt this terrible before.”, he chuckles. “Maybe I’m a lightweight when it comes to pain aye?”

Dipper only shakes his head, knowing that humor is just Bill’s way of coping. He knows it’s probably a lot worse than the entity is letting on.

“You’re staying here and not doing anything today.”, dipper scolds. “Especially, after last night.”

“You couldn’t make me Pinetree.”

“I doubt that Bill.”, he says giving him a knowing look.

The beast recedes on the topic, there would be no use in fighting with the human.

On an offside dirt road, there is a lot of commotion. This is considering that mud had made ways of transportation slick so to speak. Loud profanities and accusations are now being made by two, very disgruntled men.

“I told you it wouldn’t be a good idea to go down this way you cretin!”, Ford screamed getting out of the car heatedly. He goes around to inspect the backend of the vehicle which is spitting mud as the tires attempt to turn.

“I’ve been down this way more times than you’ve been laid!”, Stan shouted back over his shoulder from the driver's seat.

“Who’s fault is that Stanley?!”, both of them go quiet, knowing they’re going too far with their argument. Ford pushes up his glasses in annoyance. He gets back in the car, tapping the car dash in contemplation.

“Hey...I’m sorry. I should have listened to you.”, the other twin says regrettably.

“It's fine, I just wanted to get there faster.”, he says opening his laptop and looking at the radar. The light blinks showing spikes of energy.

“I’m worried too..”, Stanley sets a hand on his brother’s shoulder. “We’ll get there soon enough.”

“Let’s just hope that nothing bad happens before then.”, he fiddles around in his coat pocket before pulling out his cell phone.

He tries to dial his nephew’s number holding it to his ear, but there’s no reception in this area. The call simply wouldn’t go through.

Both men looked unpleased with that shaking their heads.

“I have a bad feeling about this Stanley…”, Ford huffed.

“Leave this to me.”.

Dipper treks out to the front porch, writing in his own journal. He’s taking new notes about the beast, he has been analyzing things in his own head for a while now. He sometimes thinks it’s not worth the headache, but his therapist would fight him on that, and he sighs.

“I should go back and make an appointment one of these times.”, he mutters to himself rolling his eyes.

He chews on the clicky part of his pen before writing something down.

“Bill has been coughing blood for the last two days. Last night, I found out that he and my Great Uncle had made a failsafe against himself. Note: must ask uncle about this later (when I can actually get ahold of him). Does this mean that Bill knew he’d fail all along?? I will continue to keep tabs on Bill, I will monitor his health and behavior closely. What will come of this deal between us, I don’t know. I hope he isn’t planning anything. I have made preparations, just in case. Note: Had a strange dream last night. About some giant floating creature, not sure what it means.”

He puts down his pen. Thinking critically fogs his true intentions sometimes. He wants to help the demon, but at the same time, he can’t help but be more than a little cautious still. He doesn’t fully trust him; that’s reasonable. Dipper will make wiggle room for Bill, but, not much. Especially, with the reoccurring teasing of attraction, his brain plays on him sometimes.