Chapter 15

"Please, stop struggling." dipper said whilst rolling his eyes. The demon had been particularly stubborn and obstinate this afternoon. He growls as the boy forcefully tugs down on the hoodie that the demon was trying so hard to get on. The beast wasn't exactly used to moderate clothing.

He huffs, turning around to look at himself in the full-body mirror. The articles were more snugly fit to him than they were on the boy. He had a slightly bitter taste run through his mouth.

"Your ....attire is not becoming of me," he says eyeing the black pullover. Dipper comes up and places a set of sunglasses on the demon.

"That will keep people from seeing your eyes, and be sure to keep your hands in your pockets," he says as if he is coaxing a toddler. The demon shakes his head but no longer resists.

Dipper turns back to look at Bill once more, quickly averting his gaze away as it had accidentally landed on the demon's backside. He clears his throat.

"Well, are you ready?" he says as he is putting on an overcoat of his own. It gets a little chilly at night.

"Sure am", Bill acted chipper, but the boy could tell he was faking it. As usual.

He makes his way down the stairs, the brunette caught the sensation of deja vu just then. He almost expected to see his sister there by the door waiting for him. He breathed deeply batting the memory from his mind.

He and Bill go on foot taking in the night sky. Both talk amongst one other about things that would be quickly forgotten, only to be brought up another day. They quite enjoy each other's company by this point, almost as if there's a sense of normalcy. They get to the festival, and the glees of people and children running around fills the air. Everyone seems to be having fun. It's exactly how Dipper had remembered it, almost as if it was magic. Colorful lights shine upon them as they make their way through the lively bunches of people.

As they get into the ticket line the demon drew closer to the boy, growing uncomfortable. Dipper picked up on the nearness of Bill, eyes toggling up to the taller boy. There was an air of nervousness around him. The brunette took the demon by the wrist lightly pulling him along to the booth.

He makes the purchase for the both of them as the voices fade out for the demon. Amongst it all the only thing he could now focus on was the boy. He had that control over the beast that he still couldn't fully wrap his head around. The beat from his chest throbs in his ears as he looks down at his own wrist as he's being led. This human was changing him, and he had no way to stop it.

"Come on, I want to show you this before it's too late." the brunette's voice snapped him out of his trance. He nods not being able to get out any words. The boy takes him through the crowd and unto a huge looming machine. Its skeletal circular frame spun on a fixed point, slowly until people reached the top.

The cart creaks and sways underfoot as they get on. The door closes behind them securing them in place. They take their seats, the demon still wanting closeness to the boy scooched over to him, shoulders almost touching.

"Are, you okay?" the boy looked over at the demon.

"I was about to ask you the same thing..." bill said removing his hood and sunglasses momentarily and setting them in the seat next to them.

They share a moment of silence.

"I'm just not used to...people", the boy nods guessing as much.

"Me either" Dipper said cocking a smile at the demon. A booming noise draws their attention away from one other. The firework display is starting, cascading color into the sky above. Bill's eyes dilate at the sight, gasps of excitement escaping both of them as the giant wheel come to a stop at the top. A cool breeze moves past them bringing the smell of the festival with it. The demon seems to be in awe, looking up at the show.

"Hey dipper...." he says still looking up.

"Yes?" he says focusing on the demon.

"I'm glad you brought me here." he smiles. The brunette noticed he only referred to him by his name when he was being genuine.

"It's uh.. No problem". He stutters out. Dipper would hate to admit he's enjoying this a bit too much. It was so peaceful, just between the two of them. He'd never had it just be this blissful, like a dream, but he was just existing in the middle of it. The oddity of it was who it was with.

At that moment, he thought of Mabel and how it could never be this way with her. He furrowed his brows, closing his eyes tight and stealing a few deep breaths to himself.

He allowed himself a moment of weakness, and lazily leaned his head against Bill's shoulder, still looking up. It was surprisingly comfortable. The blonde took note of this but didn't seem to mind it. Dipper just closed his eyes and hoped. Nothing would ruin this.