Saving the World Part 1

Aubrey

    I suddenly was in a small amount of pain. I had a feeling I knew what was happening, but I couldn't be sure. All I knew is that our rescuers were here, and that they were in trouble.

    Carter grunted a little from the corner. "They must have turned up those signal stoppers. We don't have our morphers, so we can still function."

    "It explains why we were beaten so easily before, though. We were weakened because of the dampeners."

    He nodded. It looked like he had lost some of his hope, but suddenly, he tensed up like he heard something. That's when I heard it too. I pushed myself weakly to my feet, groaning with every step. We got as close to the bars as we could until the running footsteps got closer. We raised our fists, ready to fight, when we saw a man and woman stop at our door.

    "They're here!" The woman cheered. "We have to hurry!"

    "Camille, Jarrod! You guys came!" Carter laughed hysterically.

    I tilted my head, trying to recall who they were. That's when I remembered. "You two helped Jungle Fury in their final battle."

    They nodded. "Stand back, we'll blast you out of here."

    We stood back as their suits appeared around them. Jarrod sent a wave of energy into the door, causing it to explode.

    "Why are you guys able to morph?" I asked as they ran in, breaking our chains.

    "We don't get our powers from the Morphin Grid. We're safe from the grid Melhorn created." Jarrod confirmed as he yanked off the chains.

    I rubbed my ankle where the chain was as Jarrod wrapped an arm around me to keep me up.

    Camille's tongue suddenly flashed out of her mouth, poking me and Carter painfully. I groaned in pain, but suddenly felt strong.

    "I gave you some of my energy. We need you two to succeed in our plan."

    Carter and I, full of new energy, looked at Camille, determined. "We're ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    We hurried through back hallways towards the main room. My leg, while still in pain, was numb enough that I could run. We peered around the corner at the back of the large room. To the second-floor balcony and power room was two sets of stairs. Melhorn and his lackies were at the bottom of the stairs at the front of the room, giving a huge spiel to our friends on the ground.

    "Remember the plan?" Camille asked. I nodded, and suddenly she disappeared. It was up to the three of us now.

    We hurried up the stairs, Jarrod hot on our tail as back-up. We were going to need everything to work perfectly if we were going to save our friends, if we were going to save the world. Taking a deep breath, I looked at Carter and Jarrod one final time. They nodded with intense emotion, and I knew that this would be our toughest battle. Today would be the day that everything would come to an end.

    "Now!" I announced our charge, and we leaped into battle. I heard the shocked gasps of our friends down below as we took out the tyrannodrone guard in front of power room first, initiating our plan.