falling in love | tenrose

"falling in love?" he cried

"falling in love?" he cried. "that didn't even occurred him? then what sort of a man is that?"

martha stopped suddenly and shut her eyes. rose watched from the distance. tears prickled in her eyes as she waited around the corner from where joan, john smith, martha, and timothy stood. they all looked to john smith for answers, yet he had none.

"i'll tell you what kind of man you are. the kind of man that's already fallen in love." martha snapped her eyes open. "you didn't account for that because you're a time lord. you're not a human that can settle down. and when you did fall in love, you were ripped apart from her by accidents in time, never to see her again because she's trapped in a parallel universe waiting for you to rescue her."

tears had started falling down the doctor's eyes.

"you were so in love with rose that it never even occurred to you that as a different man you'd let yourself fall in love again. but you were still dreaming of her. even as a different man, you still remember." martha stepped towards him. "i know you think you love joan. but that's the human you. you're not human, doctor. you're a time lord."

martha nodded towards rose.

"you're the doctor. and you travel with me, martha jones. we met in a hospital that got teleported to the moon, right after you lost rose." rose made her way over to martha. "the girl in your dreams that you see every night. the character you called rose. she's real. she's real and you love her, not joan. the real doctor, the time lord, couldn't even begin to think about loving someone else because of how much he, how much you love rose. and doctor. she's here. rose is here. she's back. do it rose, open the watch!"

rose pressed the button and yanked open the watch.

"it's you, doctor! do you remember?" martha screamed. "do you remember, doctor?"

"rose." the doctor whispered as the memories flooded to him.

"is that what you're gonna do to me?" "no. not to you."

"yeah but settling down with you that's not so bad."

"it said i was gonna die in battle." "then it lied."

"who you gonna call?" "ghostbusters!"

"am i ever gonna see you again?" "you can't."

"i-i love you." "quite right too."

he leapt back as it all finally came to him and he rushed over to rose, forgetting everyone else. the war going on outside, his human form, joan, and martha, it all faded away.

and for a moment, just one moment, all that mattered was rose.