the woman in the shop | twelverose

OMG OMG OMGGGG THANK U SM FOR 2K READS THANK U SOOOO MUCH

twelve finds out it was rose who gave clara the number. he finds a wormhole in the universe and he goes to rose. "it was ylu wasny it. the woman in the shop was you. you met clara." she doesn't know him.

"what did she look like?" the doctor asked suddenly. clara stopped what she was doing and turned to face him.

"what?" she asked.

"the woman in the shop. you said the woman in the shop wrote it down. what did she look like?"

"what woman in the shop?" clara walked over towards him. "doctor, english please."

"when we first met, when i was younger, you told me that you got my number from a woman in the shop. what did she look like?" the doctor explained. he wasn't looking at clara, which confused her.

"oh her. yeah, she was blonde. looked kind of sad, when she gave me the number, really. i'm not sure. she had, sort of, big puffy lips. but not like she had botox, looked like she'd be a good kisser." clara smirked. "why do you ask?"

"i think i know who she was." the doctor whispered.

"what do you mean?" clara asked. the doctor stood silently, not moving a muscle as he processed what he meant by that. "doctor, what do you mean?"

"clara, do you trust me?" he whirled his head towards her suddenly. clara jumped a bit.

"what?"

"do you trust me?" he repeated.

"more than anyone." clara answered without missing a beat.

"i need to take you home." clara blinked, and the doctor quickly realized what she thought he meant. "not forever, just until i confirm or disprove my theory, about the woman in the shop."

"doctor." clara stopped him firmly. "where you go, i go. okay? end of discussion. i'm staying."

"clara, i think the woman in the shop may be someone i used to travel with." he spoke slowly and with purpose. "a long, long time ago. i think it's gonna be hard for me to see her again."

clara's hard gaze softened.

"someone you used to travel with?" clara asked. "or was she more than that?"

the doctor couldn't bring himself to lie to clara, she always had a way to get it out of him.

"more." he whispered.

clara sighed. though she knew it, she wasn't prepared for how much it would hurt to hear him say it.

"you want to find her now?" clara asked. the doctor didn't say anything, and clara had her answer. "well, then i suppose the first place to go would be the shop where the woman wrote your number down."

clara pushed past the doctor and set the tardis coordinates to the place where the shop stood, a few short months after she first got the doctors number.

"there it is." clara pointed to the doors as the tardis came to a complete halt. "let's go."

before the doctor could even speak, clara threw the doors to the tardis opened and stepped out onto the street corner.

"the shop's this way." clara led the doctor into a shop a few feet away from where the tardis had landed. "we need to look around for her. she's blonde and-"

"i know what she looks like." the doctor completely froze. he was staring straight ahead.

clara was confused. she turned around slowly, only to see the girl from the shop staring straight back at them. when she saw clara's face, she turned around.

"clara oswald." the blonde girl shook her head and took a few steps towards her. "i was wondering when you'd figure it out."

"i think there's a few things you haven't told me." clara chuckled. "for starters, what's your name?"

"i think he can answer that one." clara turned to look at the doctor, and the shop lady stepped forward to address him. "doctor, that's you isn't it?"

"it's me." he took a slow step towards her. "hello, rose tyler."

"oh doctor." tears filled her eyes. "i-i wasn't sure it would even work. i wasn't sure it would eventually click. i'm glad it did."

"how are you here?" the doctor shook his head, and the two completely forgot about clara's existence.

"not long after we reversed the reality bomb, my universe began to weaken. the walls were breaking down, for no reason other than old age." rose took a breath. "we knew we were a few weeks ahead of your universe, this universe, but what we didn't know is that time actually moved differently in that universe. we were really billions and trillions of years ahead of you."

"how is that even possible?" the doctor squinted. "what happened to your universe?"

"well, it was sort of like one-way glass. i was working for torchwood and we weren't ever able to fully understand it, but basically, we could travel here, and technically we could travel back, but it ripped holes in the universe. doctor, i came back." rose smiled her signature smile and the doctor couldn't contain himself anymore. he stepped the final step towards her and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"rose tyler." he whispered. her name sounded foreign in his new mouth, it had been a few regenerations since he'd seen her, or spoken to or about her.

"my doctor." rose squeezed him as hard as she could. clara watched the whole thing with sad eyes.

"the woman in the shop wrote it down." clara whispered to herself through tears. "she said it was a helpline. best helpline out there."

the tears began to fall.

"in the universe, she said." clara whimpered. she wiped a tear. "oh right you were, rose tyler."

she began slowly walking towards the exit of the shop as the doctor and rose embraced.

"how right you are."