i get to love you | ninerose

one look at you,

my whole life falls in line,

the doctor looked up at rose, his faithful companion whom he only wanted to keep safe. now she had the heart of the tardis in her eyes, the time vortex in her mind, and she was back to save him from the daleks.

"you looked into the time vortex rose no one's meant to see that." his voice carried so much pain and worry.

the daleks began yelling, but neither the doctor nor rose really paid attention. instead, when they tried to exterminate her she simply held her hand up and reversed the beam so it dissolved the dalek who had tried to kill her.

'she's gonna die. she's gonna burn. she's gonna burn up and it's all my fault. she did this for me, she did this to save me. why couldn't she have just stayed safe.' the doctor closed his eyes and tried his very best to hold back the tears.

i prayed for you,

before i called you mine,

he could only bring himself to think about her. everything she's done for him, knowingly and unknowingly. when she saved him from the nestene conscious and decided to come with him. she said no, at first, and he went on to travel to many places.

mars 2026 to save the planet from being blown to smithereens and wiping out life on earth, the planet motith that neighbored where gallifrey used to be, 204 ad cardiff to stop an alien race from blowing up the queen, the moon of judaxis where the roteer species were trying to take over the hn31-2 galaxy, and where he was told he'd visit again when the time came to save someone, though he was never told who. he saw everything and every time he was something, he thought back to rose. the girl who saved him even when she didn't need too.

so he went back.

"by the way, did i mention it also travels in time?" he stuck his head back in the tardis acting nonchalantly about it, but both his hearts were beating out a samba. and they raced even more when she took off running and followed him into the tardis.

from then on, he just knew somewhere deep in his soul that she was exactly what he needed.

oh i can't believe it's true sometimes,

oh i can't believe it's true,

"my planets gone." he held the silence for a moment and rose let him, knowing how hard it was for him to tell her. "dead. it burned like the earth. it's just rocks and dust. before it's time."

"what happened?" rose asked softly.

"there was a war. and we lost."

"a war with who?" he didn't answer so she asked a different question. "what about your people?"

all she cared about was making sure he was ok, and the doctor found himself falling for her in that moment.

"i'm a time lord. i'm the last of the time lords." he sighed lightly. "they're all gone. i'm the only survivor. i'm left traveling on my own cause there's no one else."

"there's me." she flashed him a smile. even knowing how dangerous it was for her, she still wanted to travel with him so he wasn't on his own.

he loved her for that.

"right then, before you get me back in that box chips it is and you can pay." she told him with a beautiful smile.

"no money."

"what sort of date are you? come on then tightwad chips are on me. we've only got 5 billion years till the shops close." she flashed him a tongue smile, and for the first time since gallifrey, he felt happy. truly happy.