Prologue

I walk up inside the building where one of my hideouts is located. I usually have multiple hideouts I use all around the globe but I've been staying here because of the recent tension and mission in this country and the neighboring one.

As I pulled lightly on the bag of weapons I had over my shoulder I noticed that there was someone in my hideout waiting for me.

I am a careful person so naturally, I would have some equipment that would notify me if someone would ambush me in my place. Some would use some fancy technology but if you know what you're doing you won't need it.

In the hallway leading to my place, some floorboards are intentionally raised by a millimeter. I raised it like that so that when someone would step on it, it would level with the other floorboard without making too much sound and without alerting the person stepping on it. And here I am staring at the floorboards evened out.

I didn't know who it was but it didn't matter to me that much. I guess the hassle with this is that I would need to find a new hideout.

Before I opened the door I let out a sigh as I feel the concealed knife on the strap of my bag that I'm holding.

Once I was inside I instantly felt someone else's presence making me take out my knife and throw it in the direction where the atmosphere was off.

I was more of an "act now, talk later" kind of person. So I was really glad that I thought of scaring the intruder and not killing them since it was none other than Fury.

I nonchalantly tossed my bag on the ground and leaned the right side of my body against the wall as I had my arms crossed while looking at the director of SHIELD himself.

"You know I don't like people sneaking up on me.." I reminded him as his face was still glued to the knife that was a couple of feet away from his face and was stuck to the wall. "or intruders." I added

"I swear I'm not here to do you any harm." He replied as he finally looked at me but I quickly grabbed the knife behind me and threw it on the other side of his face but at the same distance as the first one.

His face quickly turned to the second knife that was stuck to the wall next to him.

He can't be seriously thinking that he's capable of harming me, right? I thought to myself as I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him

"What do you want Fury?" I asked as I had no time for this.

Knowing this guy he probably didn't come alone since he's been chasing after me ever since he's been part of SHIELD.

I've already spotted a few of his agents hiding on the rooftops of the building next to this and by how quiet my usual upstairs neighbor is I would assume that SHIELD agents have replaced them.

"I want you as an avenger." He said with a serious face which didn't match his statement since it was clearly a joke.

I know of his avenger initiative because the first one he tried to recruit was me. But I knew it was just him trying to take me as an ally since I'm the only enemy he's failed to capture or kill.

"I am made to kill." I reminded him since it was my answer the first time he asked me.

"Do you really want to be a killer on the run?" He asked but at this point, I can see his lack of a fight. It's like he's given up.

"That depends. Are you going to keep chasing me?" I asked with a smirk as I try to make heads and tails of his motives this time.

"No." He answered calmly catching me off guard. Fury is anything, but he's not a liar. "I already have my hands full on another killer." I scrunched my eyebrows at his answer.

Is he trying to get my attention by telling me that there's another killer out there that's gotten his attention away from me? Because it's not gonna work.

"Are you here to tell me that there's another killer on the run that's more dangerous than me?" I asked smugly as he raised his eyebrow in response

"What did some kid steal some nuclear codes?" I asked sarcastically knowing that that was just another Monday for him.

"No, he stole a scepter." He answered as if it was the most casual thing in the world. "A scepter?" I asked unconsciously.

Why would a killer steal a scepter? And what scepter would be so precious that Fury would have it?

Just as the question passed my mind I quickly remembered a scepter that may be of interest to someone like Fury.

"What's their name?" I asked him as my gut was telling me that something was wrong.

"They're called Loki."

I froze at the mention of a familiar name which Fury noticed as he leaned forward and squinted his eye at me.

"Fuck."