Chapter 26

"How's your memory? Do you remember more now?" Bucky asked as y/n was staring at the void and seemed like she was lost in her thoughts.

"Do you blame yourself?" She asked as she snapped out of her thoughts and looked over to Bucky who seemed confused. "What?"

"Well, it's quite common in this kind of situation for a patient to feel a kind of— guilt." Y/n said as she looked at the mechanism that had her trapped leaving only her head to move. "What situation?" Bucky asked and y/n gave a mischievous smirk as she looked back at him.

"The accident, silly." Y/n said with a smile as Bucky stepped back as he remembered how badly y/n was a week ago when she died in Sokovia. He has only seen y/n die twice in his life. The first one traumatized him so badly that he made sure that it would never happen again on his watch. But as the memories of y/n's body riddled with bullet holes flashed in his mind he couldn't help but step back as he was getting overwhelmed.

"It's very common for people to invent, blame, or create a causality. When in reality—" Y/n paused as she smirks while seeing how she's successfully bothered Bucky. "—it was completely out of your control." She continued.

Y/n was about to say more when someone barged into the room, making the two of them shift their attention to that person. "Alright, that's enough y/n." A female voice said and y/n smiled as she recognized the voice. "Well if it isn't Agent Romanoff. What brings you here?" Y/n asked as she was familiar with the agent who has been beside her for a week.

"I need you to stop messing with his mind. The poor guy's probably processing everything you're saying in his robot head." Natasha joked to break the tension in the room, making Bucky visibly relax. "Awee. Is that all? No stories about your famous kills and battles?" Y/n asked as Natasha went beside Bucky to have a closer look at y/n.

"I'm afraid not this time." Natasha said with a smile as Bucky glanced at Natasha. "What are you doing here? It's not your shift yet." Bucky reminded her as she met his gaze.

"I'm making sure everything's okay since Wanda just visited again." She said as she lowered her voice to not get y/n's attention. But it was futile since the silence in the room made it easy for her to hear.

"Wan—da?"

Bucky and Natasha quickly whipped their heads to look at y/n who mentioned someone's name for the first time during the week.

"Y/n?" Natasha called out worriedly as y/n closed her eyes and was in pain as memories felt like they were being forced into her mind.

Y/n groaned as it felt like she was reliving moments with a woman she couldn't see clearly. It was uncomfortable and painful but she couldn't stop it.

Bucky and Natasha looked in fear and worry as they could see a tear falling down y/n's cheek as she got worse and tried to break free.

"Y/n, stop. You're going to hurt yourself." Bucky said as he was about to open her cell but something inside y/n shifted which made her stop struggling.

"P-please. Just stay away." Y/n begged as her demeanor and personality completely changed. "We're not going to hurt you y/n." Natasha reassured her as it was the first time for the redhead to hear y/n pleading.

"Just leave me alone. Please." She begged again as the two of them looked at the blood dripping from y/n's restraints. Natasha was about to go in whether y/n wanted to or not but she was stopped by Bucky.

"Alright. But we'll be back." Bucky said as he pulled Natasha out of the room before she could even say something.

Once they were out of the room Natasha pulled her arm from Bucky. "What was that for? She was injured!" She said in frustration as Bucky sighed and glanced back at the room. "Her wounds would heal. But the wounds in her mind won't. So give her space." He said as he walked past her.