Chapter 32

As the people who entered the room were briefly told what the meeting was about they started to be on edge as they await for everyone to arrive so they can know the whole situation.

"Well, this is a nice reunion." Tony said sarcastically as he walked into the room.

"Well, not quite. Natasha's still not here." Bruce pointed out as Tony took a look around and notice that it was only Natasha that was missing.

"Has anyone seen her?" Steve asked but Wanda just remained silent since she grew to despise Natasha and her blatant attempt to enter y/n's life.

"Agent Romanoff would not be joining us right now." Fury said as he walked behind Tony. "And why is that?" Wanda asked since she had a lingering idea where Natasha was.

"She's assessing y/n after the breach earlier tonight." Fury confessed which took everyone back and had the room silent for a few seconds.

Wanda wanted to go towards y/n and maybe rip Natasha away from her but she knew she needed to know everything that happened.

"Someone broke into SHIELD?" Steve asked as Fury walked around the table and stopped at the seat that was vacant beside Steve.

"They didn't break into SHIELD— they broke into y/n's cell." Fury corrected as if that made everything better.

Wanda who was listening in couldn't hide her anxiousness from the news while Pietro and Vision who were both beside her stole a glance at her.

"They managed to knock out all the guards and disable our cameras for a while." Fury relayed to Steve as his gaze slowly shifted to Wanda. "And miss Maximoff just happens to be the last person to visit her before it happened."

"You're saying she did this?" Bruce asked as Wanda tilted her head in anger. Fury shifted his gaze to Bruce then back to Wanda again.

"I don't know. Did she?" Fury asked as he continued to look over at Wanda since she was the most likely subject he had in mind.

"I didn't do it." Wanda said through gritted teeth as Pietro put his hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

Fury then looked over to the others. "Can anyone confirm?"

"I was with her earlier tonight."

Everyone shifted their eyes to Vision as they began to give weird looks between him and Wanda, including Pietro.

"We were cooking." Wanda clarified since what Vision said was quite misleading.

"May I ask why you're suspecting Wanda?" Vision asked as he looked over to Fury. "When the cameras rebooted they were able to catch the silhouette of the person." Fury confessed as everyone waited for him to finish

"But the next second, they disappeared. Just like—"

"Just like magic?" Tony asked as he interrupted Fury. Causing Maria to roll her eyes at him because of his theatrics

"Magic?" Bruce asked in confusion since a person doesn't just disappear.

"I guess you've seen the footage, Stark." Fury said as he sighed at Tony's sense of showmanship.

"I did. It was a nice trick." Tony said as he saw that everyone was staring at him. "Am I the only one who's seen it?" Tony asked as Fury sighed and looked over to Maria.

"Agent Hill." Fury called out to her but she was already beginning to load the footage.

Everyone then looked down at the table where a small hologram of the footage was playing.