Chapter 43

"You've been trying to keep your distance." Wanda said as she sat at the seat by the bar where Natasha was making a drink.

Natasha, who was aware of Wanda approaching her, just smiled and continued making her drink. "So.. you and y/n?"

"I know better than to want her." Natasha quickly answered as she was starting to come to terms with her so-called feelings for y/n which was just admiration.

"No.. that's not what I was going to ask." Wanda replied with a smile which made Natasha stop as she felt embarrassed by assuming what Wanda was thinking.

"Does it have to do with what you read in her mind?" Natasha asked as Wanda put up her arms on the bar and leaned her head on her hand. "Yeah."

"I thought so."

"I want to know why you two are pretending to be together." Wanda demanded which made Natasha hesitate for a while. Just before Natasha could answer, she looked over to y/n on the other side of the room and smirked.

Natasha knew how much Y/n and Wanda love and care for each other. So if Wanda happened to know y/n's plan and secrets then, without a doubt, Wanda would unleash her anger on her.

Normally, angry Wanda would be the least of a goddess' worries, but y/n loves Wanda. That makes y/n submissive to no one else but her. So the thought of y/n's arrogant face turning into a frightened face because of Wanda's scolding brought a smile to Natasha's face.

"I think it would be better if y/n tells you." Natasha finally replied to Wanda who furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You're really not going to tell me?" Wanda asked as she thought that Natasha would be reasonable enough to interrogate about y/n

"She should face the consequences of her secret and should tell you herself." Natasha replied with her smile still not leaving her face.

Wanda who understood the logic in Natasha's reasoning nodded and decided not to pry anymore about y/n.

However, on the other side of the room, y/n was staring at the two women with the sole reason of prying as to what they were talking about.

Y/n, who was arrogant and was nothing but mean to Natasha earlier couldn't help but feel anxious at the thought that Natasha would tell Wanda her secrets.

She then contemplated if she should've been nicer to Natasha or if she should've never approached Natasha in the first place, with the intention of using her as a decoy. However, deep down y/n knew that if it didn't seem like she replaced Wanda with another woman then her enemies would still go after Wanda just because she's y/n's ex-girlfriend.

"You do know that I threw you this party to welcome you back and not for you to stare at Wanda and Nat all night, right?" Tony asked as y/n, who was deep in her thoughts, shook her head and glanced at Tony. "Did you say something, tin man?"

Tony, who wasn't used to being ignored at a party, stopped drinking and looked at y/n who didn't spare him another word. He then looked over to the others but they offered no help.

"Don't mind him, y/n." Bucky reassured as y/n glanced over at him. "Just loosen up and have fun tonight." Bucky suggested as he noticed that his sister kept looking nervous.

"I'm just a bit distracted, I guess." Y/n replied as she scratched the back of her neck and glanced at Wanda and Nat again.

Everyone then shared a look as they glance at y/n who couldn't keep her eyes on Wanda who was laughing while talking to Nat. "What exactly is distracting you?" Steve asked with a knowing smile as y/n shifted her attention back to everyone that was with her.