Chapter 36

"You didn't have to come sister." Thor said as he and Loki both looked nervously at their older sister. "We have it under control." He continued but Hela just scoffed at him.

"Is that why Mjolnir's in pieces?" She asked as she glanced at me and then back at her brother who had nothing to say.

"You shouldn't have tried to fight her." Hela said as she kicked up a piece of Mjolnir on the ground. "Father ordered us to." Loki replied which made Hela narrow her eyes at him and signaled him to shut his mouth.

"Father's order was to take her back home—" Hela corrected him as he looked over at y/n who had her arms crossed in front of her while listening to the 3 siblings bicker. "Not to fight her." Hela continued.

The two men then remained silent as they were guilty of being forceful in their method of bringing y/n back to Asgard.

Meanwhile, Hela slowly walked towards y/n who showed no fear in front of the goddess of Death. "Now, y/n—"

"The answer is no." Y/n cut off Hela as she glared at the goddess who looked at her in intrigue. "I'm not going back." Y/n said sternly which only widened Hela's smirk.

"Really? And why's that?" Hela asked as it has been a long since someone defied her like y/n and her father does.

"I still have a mission." Y/n said vaguely as the siblings had a brief summary of what y/n has been doing on earth. Which is mainly, doing charity work in Hela's eyes.

"There are earthlings for that." Thor said as the two women glanced at him. "This mission involves us gods." Y/n said rather vaguely again.

Y/n expected Thor or Loki to say something but the brothers only looked warily at each other since a mission that involves them could only mean trouble if left in the hands of earthlings.

"Are you sure it's not because you're going to—"

"Shut your mouth!" Hela started but was stopped as y/n quickly used her powers on her. The brothers briefly exchanged looks as they sensed that there was something that y/n and Hela know that they didn't but were too scared to ask.

"Try mentioning that again and I'll trap you in the underworld." Y/n threatened as the fading glow of her gold eyes couldn't hide her hatred of the topic.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me." Hela said genuinely but y/n could only narrow her eyes at the woman who looked nothing but a stranger now.

"You thought I'd be happy when you ordered a witch to curse me?" Y/n said with hostility as Hela smirked at the sight of y/n looking riled up.

"I only did that so you'll seek her yourself and she could pass my message." Hela replied as she shrugged her shoulders without a hint of remorse for her actions.

"I got your message. Now leave."

"Not without you, dear—" Hela replied as she seemed indifferent to y/n's sharp tone. "When you come home, Asgard will once again have the goddess of War and Death." Hela continued as she looked up in awe as she imagined the scene in her head.

"Did you really think I'll go back just because you want me to?" Y/n asked and as if Hela was waiting for that response she showed a mischievous smile.

"Did you forget that you're not just the goddess of War?" Hela asked with a victorious grin as y/n could only remain silent while clenching her fist in anger.

"You're also the goddess of Vows." Hela reminded her and y/n could only look away in silence.

In her whole life y/n regrets being the goddess of War the most. Which is why being the goddess of Vows was the one thing she wanted to honor.