Chapter 3

I ran towards Wanda who was already leaving the coffee shop with her drink in hand as I got my order on mine.

"Hey, what's wrong? You've been distracted for a while?" I asked while looking at her staring at the distance again.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" I asked as I took a sip of my coffee as I waited for her question. "Do you want to join Pietro and me?" She asked, making me stop drinking and look at her in confusion.

"Join where?"

"What are you guys going to do?" I asked as I saw the nervous and serious look she gave me. "Destroy Tony Stark." She said and looked away.

I know she hates Stark and I know the reason even before she told me because I was there when it happened. But what she's trying to do would just lead her onto a slippery path full of pain and suffering. "Wanda.."

"Yes or no, y/n." She told me as she refused to look at me.

I love her. I do. But Stark is someone I can't afford to kill for her.

"Wanda, let's talk about this first." I tried to reason out as I try to reach for her hand but she just moved away. "What's there to talk about?"

"Taking revenge on Stark is not the solution. There are other things that could give your life meaning."

I don't want you to end up being a killer like me.

"Like what? Like you?" She asked and I backed away from her. As soon as the words left her mouth I could see the regret in her face but I know she would be too stubborn to take it back.

"This is the part where you apologize."

"This is the part where I leave." She said as she stood up not backing down or lowering down her pride.

I would've thought that showing her love and how to live a happy life would be enough for her to forget her revenge. But I guess it wasn't enough, I wasn't enough.

As I felt that I couldn't hold back the tears anymore I stood up as well. "Fine, I can't watch you do this to yourself anymore," I said and started walking away.

"Too difficult for you is it?!" She yelled gaining the attention of some people but we didn't care. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at her.

"Yes, it is. It breaks my heart to see you this way." I said honestly as I watch revenge and hate overwhelm the love of my life. "No, don't pity me."

I walked back to her and gently held her arm. Because what I'm feeling for her isn't pity but worry. "I'm not pitying you. I'm just trying to look out for you." I said as she brushed my hand away from her arm.

"You care so much! Don't you?!" She yelled again but I wasn't scared. "Wanda you promised me you wouldn't go this far," I said as I remembered the promise she told me 3 years ago.

~~~~~3 years ago~~~~~

I was walking back to Wanda's place to visit them right after my mission. I even bought some ingredients that we would need to cook some paprikash.

I was walking past some protesters when I heard a familiar voice amongst them.

"Down with the American government! Down with Tony Stark!"

I saw Wanda leading a bunch of protesters as armed forces were rushing towards them and trying to de-escalate the situation.

The moment I saw those men with guns even approach Wanda I dropped the bag of groceries and ran towards her and Pietro. I grabbed their arm and pulled them away essentially disbanding the protesters with us.