Chapter 44

"So y/n, what's the plan?" Bucky asked as he, Nat, Wanda, and y/n were inside the quinjet that was following a ship off the coast of the Pacific.

"I'll handle the soldiers." Y/n replied as they spot multiple enemies on board by the heat detector. "Nat, you'll find the vials in the ship." Y/n ordered as Nat glanced at her and nodded.

"Wanda, you'll gather information by reading their minds." Y/n said as she awkwardly glanced at Wanda who nodded.

Natasha could only roll her eyes at y/n as they both knew that Wanda can handle a few soldiers by herself but y/n insisted on Wanda just gathering intel.

"That's all. Let's move." Y/n said as she walked towards the open hanger door while fixing her earpiece.

"What about me?" Bucky yelled against the roaring winds from the opened door. "Uhh.. guard the jet?" Y/n shrugged as she ignored Bucky again.

Natasha and Wanda couldn't help but smile and hold their laughter at y/n's order as Bucky stubbornly walked towards y/n. "I'm going with you."  He said sternly as y/n smiled.

It's not like y/n was mad at Bucky and that's why she's ignoring him. It's just that y/n got used to Bucky always disobeying her orders which is why she's ignoring him ever since Fury decided to let him in the mission.

"Better catch up then." Y/n yelled as she jumped off the quinjet without hesitation which wasn't a surprise to everyone. "Where's the chute?" Bucky asked as he looked around the jet.

"Y/n didn't have one.. Why? Did you want one?" Natasha asked as Bucky hesitates. There was something in him that stirred at Natasha's words. It may have been sibling rivalry or ego but he regretted the words that came out of his mouth.

"I don't need it anyway." Bucky said confidently as he walked towards the door and hesitate as he saw that they were a bit too high up.

"Are you sure? That's a long drop." Natasha informed him which only made him more stubborn. "Yeah!" He scoffed and confidently smiled at Natasha. But it soon faded as he looked back down again.

Bucky then ripped the leather part of his shirt since he knew it wouldn't do anything to protect his vibranium arm. With one last look, Bucky jumped from the jet which made Natasha chuckle. "Stupid."

Y/n who pulled her chute just a few feet from the ship, landed harshly but it was bearable enough. "I'm in position." Y/n said in her earpiece as a screaming Bucky fell from the sky just a few feet away from her.

"Nice of you to drop by." Y/n commented as she looked unfazed by Bucky and unbuckled the chute from her body. Bucky on the other hand could only groan at the harsh impact of the fall on his back.

Natasha was laughing at Bucky as she gently landed on the ship as she quickly removed her chute. "So, last night." Natasha said as she and y/n walked past Bucky. "Did anything happen?" Natasha asked as y/n rolled her eyes at her.

"Mission now, gossip later." Y/n replied as Natasha walked to the railing. "I'm multi-tasking." She said then jumped down to the lower floors

"Wanda, are you in position?" Y/n asked as she knew Wanda didn't take a chute considering she can fly using her powers.

As y/n looked at the sky for the sight of Wanda, she didn't notice the armed soldier that quietly aimed their gun at her. "Wanda, do you copy?" Y/n asked again as the man moved closer.

Before the man could even fire his gun Wanda appeared behind him and used her powers to control his mind and make him put down his gun.

Y/n who heard the commotion quickly stiffened as she looked behind her to see Wanda walking away from a man who looked like he was lost in thought. "Thanks for that." Y/n said as she quickly realized what happened.