Chapter 6

It was late in the afternoon when the avengers were called for a meeting. Steve walked in and saw that Tony and Bruce were already in the room talking about Tony's next big projects.

"I'm assuming neither of you called for this meeting." Steve asked making Bruce look at him and shake his head.

"If I wanted to have a meeting I could've thrown a party so we could all talk there." Tony said playfully and Steve sighed. Not because Tony wasn't taking things seriously again, but because he knew that Tony could have done it just like that.

Just as Steve was about to ask another question Natasha and Fury walked into the room. "Listen up people— wait. Where's Thor and Barton?" Fury asked Steve

"Barton's helping Thor buy some food. But they should be here in a few minutes." Steve reassured Fury who just looked at his watch impatiently. "We don't have time to wait for them so you guys just brief them when they get back."

"Brief them with what, exactly?" Tony asked curiously as we all waited for Fury's answer. "That starting today, you're going to have an addition to the team."

"They're going to be helping us locate the scepter." Natasha added but Bruce's focus went to the person he saw by the window, walking towards the room.

"Not to cut you off, but is that them?" Bruce asked and pointed behind Fury and Natasha. Tony and Steve also looked back curiously.

A woman then entered the room with a man who had a mask on. Steve froze as he recognized the woman in front of him. "It can't be."

"Y/n?" Steve called out to her, unsure if he has the right person. Fury and Natasha quickly glanced at Steve, wondering how he knew her.

"Well if it isn't private Rogers. Or is it Captain Rogers now?" Y/n asked with her eyebrows raised as she confirmed that she know Steve.

Everyone in the room was astonished since it hasn't been long since Steve woke up and he doesn't have any friends or people he knows since they'd probably passed away by now.

"My bad, it's Captain America now, right?" Y/n asked in a very mocking tone which Tony seemed to love. "I didn't know you had friends, grandpa." Tony joined in and mocked Steve too.

Usually, Steve would've rolled his eyes or started to fight with the snarky overconfident Stark in front of him. But he just stood still in the presence of y/n as his mind was starting to formulate questions of how this was possible.

Suddenly, someone burst into the room and y/n looked back to see who it was only to be grabbed by her collar and raised to the ground by Thor himself.

"Uh— did we miss something?" Barton asked as he walked behind Thor.

"I knew Loki was telling the truth! Because of you, Asgard is in chaos!" Thor yelled as he continued to have y/n in his grasp.

Anyone would've panicked or been scared if someone suddenly grabbed them by their collar and lifted them off the ground. But y/n was different. She looked at the god with uninterested eyes with only the thought of how she should punish Loki for blabbering about her existence to Thor.

Coincidentally Loki, who's already in Asgard got a chill on his back as he felt an impending pain befall him.

"You better let me go if you want to keep that pretty little face of yours kid." Y/n threatened Thor as the rest of them noticed how y/n just called Thor a kid while she looks a couple of years younger than the god.

"Oh yeah? And how are you to do that? Last time I checked, you lost your power." Thor said in confidence as he seemed to lift her even higher, provoking her even more.