Chapter 38

It has been around half an hour since y/n and Wanda's confrontation and half an hour since Wanda silently went to the kitchen and started cleaning like a madman.

Slowly, the avengers noticed Wanda's strange behavior and decided to stay around and make sure she was alright since she hasn't been responding to any of them.

"Can someone explain to me why she's been cleaning for half an hour?" Steve asked as the rest of the team was around the dining table, staring at Wanda.

"She usually does that when she's upset." Pietro explained as he gazed at his sister worryingly.

Buck on the other hand, who was beside Steve, narrowed his eyes as he stares at the sink in confusion. "So what's he doing?" He asked as he pointed at Tony who was trying to wash the dishes beside Wanda and horribly failing.

"We were the first ones to see Wanda so he wanted to help.. at least that's what I think." Bruce replied unsurely as they stare at Tony getting the whole area wet.

Wanda who was still in trance, ignored everyone as she continued washing the perfectly clean plates that she's already washed a few minutes ago.

"I'm heading out." A voice called out as they entered the room which eventually snapped Wanda out of her thoughts and accidentally break the plate she was holding.

She knew there was only one person who could distract her, even from her thoughts. Y/n.

Wanda sighed as she refused to look back and stare at y/n. She knew looking at her ex-lover would only bring her pain and regret.

However, the others all looked back as they were completely unaware of the situation and were even more surprised to see y/n back at the compound without them knowing.

"You're back?" Bucky asked as he stared at his sister who left her with no message of her arrival back.

"Yeah, I got back a while ago." Y/n replied as she finally entered the room and notice how everyone was gathered in the kitchen, even Wanda.

Y/n stopped in her tracks as she gazed at Wanda's back. She hoped for the redhead to somehow look back at her and acknowledge her, but she knew that she was asking for too much considering what happened earlier.

"And now you're leaving again?" Bucky asked in annoyance since he hated being out of the loop when it came to his sister. Y/n was all he got for a very long time, she was all he could trust for years. So having y/n keep something from him made him irritated and bothered.

"It's just a quick trip, Buck. I'll be back." Y/n replied as she looked away from Wanda and looked at his brother's annoyed face.

However, the rest of the team didn't feel relaxed at her announcement after her revelation about her efforts into trying to kill herself. So everyone was on edge and even scared if she'd even come back if they let her go again.

"Where are you going?" Steve asked protectively as Wanda who was lost in thought a moment ago was now listening in as she was washing another plate.

But before y/n could even reply a voice coming down the stairs interrupted the conversation. "You ready to head out, y/n?" Nat asked as she arrived at the kitchen and stopped as she saw everyone present in the room and staring at her, except for Wanda.

"You're going out with her?" Bucky asked more irritated than earlier as he felt jealous of his sister's choice of companion.

"Where are you two going?" Steve asked as the two of them stared at each other in a slight panic since they weren't expecting to be interrogated by everyone before leaving.