Chapter 5

I suddenly wake up sweating and screaming from a nightmare that I've had decades ago. "Wanda." I say breathlessly as I look around and saw that I was not in the Hydra compound anymore.

"Hey, you okay?" Bucky asked as he quickly ran inside the room to check up on me. "Wanda, where is she?" I asked as I try to stand up but he stopped me.

"She's not here, y/n." He said and looked down. "What do you mean she's not here?"

"I'm sorry, y/n." He said softly and looked at me and I knew he wasn't joking around. Wanda's really not here.

"Where is she?" I asked as he took a seat beside me and sighed. "I couldn't take her." He said and I saw him clenching his fist. So we failed to rescue her. I look back at him and realized that he was probably blaming himself.

"Tell me what happened, Bucky." I said and he sighed again and looked at me. "I'm not sure myself."

"One minute you were beside me, the next, you were passed out beside Wanda who was also passed out." He said and I nodded knowing full well what happened. "It looked like time sped up." He added and looked at me for answers.

"It's not time that sped up. It was our minds. You would be amazed at how much you could do with your mind going at that speed." I said and looked down at my hands as I still felt relatively weak than normal.

"Well, after that happened the scientists tripped an alarm. I thought of fighting them off to get you, Wanda, and Pietro out. But I could only carry one person." He said and looked at me guiltily.

I swear he's just like a kid sometimes. I sighed and patted him on his shoulder to let him know I wasn't mad or blaming him.

"It's fine Bucky. We'll just come back." I told him as I looked down at my hands and remembered how she was within my grasp at that time. "Uh, y/n. There's a small problem with that." He said making me look back at him.

"They're gone."

"What? What do you mean they're gone?"

"You've been asleep for a week, y/n. I came back to that place after 3 days passed and it was deserted." He said and I sat back down in realization. "Everything was gone, their equipment, documents, and even agents."

"They relocated." I mumbled and he nodded in confirmation. "No. No! We have to find her." I said sternly as I tried to stand up only to suddenly feel weak and stumble. Luckily, Bucky quickly caught me before I fell to the floor

He helped me back onto the bed as I stare at my slightly trembling hands. "Y/n, what did you do?" He asked, knowing that it was weird for me to be this weak.

"Nothing." I lied as I finally look at him and saw him staring at me. "Let's go. We have to find them again." I said and stood up slowly this time.

I was about to leave the room when he quickly blocked my path. "Bucky—"

"Tell me what you did, y/n." He insisted and I sighed as I knew he wasn't going to overlook this. "Please." He added.

"I gave her a piece of me." I said as I looked away. Bucky then took a step back as he knew full well what that meant since I'd explained it to him before.

"Damnit, y/n. You need help. We can't do this by ourselves. Not with your condition." He said and I sigh, knowing he was right.

I then grab my phone and dialed someone's number. "Who are you calling?" He asked making me look at him.

"Someone who can help."

**

I was eating some donuts and having some coffee since I was asleep for a week when someone suddenly sat on the seat in front of me. But I kept eating my food since I know full well who it was. "About time you showed up." I said as I grabbed a napkin and wiped my lips.