Chapter 22

As morning came, the quinjet landed at Sokovia. Everyone had their jobs before and during the fight so everyone went their separate ways to cover more ground.

"Remember your promise y/n." Wanda reminded me for the hundredth time and I sigh as I remember how persistent she is. "You'll only evacuate the civilians. Understand?" Wanda said as her accent was distinct.

"Yeah yeah. You worry too much. I got this." I said as I also reassured her for the hundredth time. I didn't mind reassuring her every time since after they abandoned Ultron she began to act weird. I may not know for now what made her so scared for my sake but I know she'll tell me in the future when she's ready.

"Trust her Wanda. She'll be fine." Bucky said as he passed by me and pat my shoulder. "Are we going to talk or are we going to save the people?" Pietro asked as he just arrived at the police station.

"You heard him Bucky. Go get Natasha." I said and he rolled his eyes at the mention of her as he jogged away. "And bring her in one piece!" I yelled after him.

"No promises!" He yelled back as he continued to jog away. I smile and shake my head at his antics then finally faced Wanda. "Are you ready?" I asked her and offered my hand which she quickly took.

"I am now." She said as she interlocked our fingers and we stare at each other for a while. We only broke eye contact when Pietro coughed loudly. "Any minute now." He said impatiently so Wanda pushed him off the ground with her powers, making me chuckle.

"Let's do this then." I said as my eyes starts to glow and so did Wanda's. Wanda's powers were still untrained so she let go of my hand to manipulate her energy around. While I effortlessly controlled the rest of the civilians on my side and made them evacuate their houses as fast as possible.

I look around as I see now that this doesn't even make up 50% of the civilians in this city. So we had to act quickly. I looked at Wanda and noticed that she was starting to tire.

"Wanda, conserve your energy for the fight." I tell her as I put my hand on her shoulder to tell her to stop. "I got this." I added.

"Are you sure? There are still many people. I can help you." She said as I can see how exhausting it is for her to control the minds of multiple people as I can. So I held her hand and closed my eyes. After a few seconds, she shivered a little as I sent a little bit of my energy to her.

"Why did you do that?" She asked and I kissed her forehead. "So I'll know you'll be safe when you fight him." I said and she hugged me and buried her head on my chest as I had my hand in her head.

"I have to go around the city to save as much civilian Wanda. But I'll see you soon, alright?" I said as I pulled away from the hug and had my pinky out which made her smile. She then hooked her pinky to mine and looked at me. "I'll see you later y/n."

**

As Bucky made his way down the dungeon underneath what used to be Strucker's lab he carefully looked around to check for any of Ultron's legion or Ultron himself. When he couldn't find anything he began to explore the place.

Meanwhile, Natasha gripped on y/n 's knife tighter as she felt relieved with it. She knew that if it weren't for the knife being in her possession she would've felt vulnerable, which she rarely was.

"Romanoff!" He yelled as he now haphazardly wandered the place. Natasha quickly put the knife away and moved towards the bars of her cell to take a closer look at the person who was looking for her.

"You in here?" Bucky asked again loudly and Natasha finally recognized the voice. "Bucky?" She called out as she then heard footsteps nearing her.

"There you are." Bucky mumbled as he walked towards Natasha who looked relieved at the sight of him. "How's the team? How's y/n?" She asked and Bucky looked at her suspiciously as she noticed how she asked how y/n was.