Chapter 13

As Tony flew the quinjet past Strucker's base the rest of the team was setting everything up as I'm standing over the scepter. I looked over to the gem on the scepter and clenched my fist as I could clearly feel the familiar energy emitting from it.

I felt someone quietly approach me behind. I was still focusing on the scepter so I unconsciously grabbed my knife and threw it behind me, just barely missing Natasha's head by a centimeter.

Natasha looked back and saw the knife lodged on the ship, by her head. "What the hell was that sound?" Tony asked as he was in the pilot's seat and glanced back at us.

Natasha and I glanced at the knife by the ship and we subtly covered it behind us. "It's nothing." I said and Tony stared at us for a while but decided not to ask anymore.

As soon as he looked away Natasha and I both let out a deep breath since we know that Tony can be sensitive when it comes to his tech.

"You should know by now that I don't like being approached from behind." I said as I grabbed my knife and sat down beside her. "Yeah. I guess I just forgot." She said and smiled at me.

"Your memories gonna get you killed, Romanoff." I joked and played with my knife. "So did you have any business with me?" I asked since I noticed that she wanted to tell me something.

"I saw what you left in that base." She said and my smile faded as I realized she was talking about the bodies I left. I was expecting her to ask how could i have done that to those many people like everybody does.

I was about to get up and leave when she continued. "I got to say, you still got it. I'm impressed." She said as she gave me a smirk. I stared at her for a while, not really knowing what to say.

I eventually smile and shake my head at her. "Only someone as crazy as you would appreciate that much killing and violence."

"I find peace in your violence." Natasha replied and y/n's smile faded again as she was shocked for the second time. "What?"

"Did you really didn't think I wouldn't notice? How you'd always aim for their vitals?" Natasha asked and I stay quiet for a while. "I've been watching you for years y/n, trying to either capture you or kill you."

I didn't expect Natasha to take notice of that. I didn't say something for a while because what she said was the truth. It may sound like arrogance to others but when I kill, I kill fast and efficiently. Not because I like doing it, but because that's my way of showing mercy to them.

"Did I? I don't remember." I feigned ignorance and looked away. "God. You're really Bucky's sister." She mumbled and I look at her in confusion since I didn't know what she meant.

"Who exactly are you y/n?" She asked the question I knew she's been dying to ask all this time. I stare at her and debated on actually opening up.

Out of all the avengers it was Natasha who I had grown closer with, other than Steve. She and I had been going on each other's throats for years to the point that I'd developed this kind of healthy rivalry with her.

"You don't hesitate to kill those who mess with your family and friends. Yet you show mercy to your enemies." She added and I looked down. "Why do you want to know?" I asked as looked at her again.

"To be honest, it's because-"

"Hey y/n, do you mind if I ask you something about the scepter?" Tony asked, cutting off Natasha. I glanced behind me to see him put the autopilot on and stood up from his seat. "Uh— yeah sure, tin man. Give me a second."

I looked back at Natasha and saw that she was already looking away. "Sorry about that. What were you saying?" I asked but she just looked past me, probably towards Tony who was approaching us.