Chapter 29

Everyone was seated in the conference room of the compound while Bucky was pacing around while glaring at Pietro. "You got knocked out pretty fast there." Natasha teased Bucky who rolled his eyes at her. "Just to be clear, he caught me off guard." He defended but that only made Natasha and Pietro smile

Their smiles didn't last as Fury walked into the room looking like he wants someone killed. "What the hell were all of you thinking?!" He yelled as Steve looked at everyone who was in on the plan. "Do you know what could've happened if y/n wasn't stopped?" He asked and the rest of them looked down as they probably guessed what could've happened.

"Did you really think we had her locked up just because we wanted to?! We did it because it was her contingency plan." Fury confessed and Bucky let out a sigh of relief since they finally know about it and he didn't have to break his promise to y/n

"If y/n asked you to do it then why not just tell us in the first place? Why did you three hide it?" Steve countered as Bucky shook his head with the misunderstanding. "We were about to. We were preparing her to meet all of you." Bucky shook his head at the situation they were in.

"No." Fury interrupted as he slammed his hand on the table. "You don't get to bring it back to us. It was you guys who fucked it up." He said as he pointed at Steve.

"So as punishment, all of you are suspended and aren't allowed to see y/n." He said but Bucky stepped forward and looked at him. "Fury." He called out since that wasn't what they talked about.

Fury groaned as he knew Bucky wouldn't allow it and since it's her sister he couldn't go against him. "Fine. You can visit her only when you're accompanied by Barnes and Romanoff." Fury restated and Natasha rolled her eyes since she knew it would give Wanda the chance to meet with y/n.

She doesn't know Wanda that much but the few things she knows about her were already enough for her to hate the woman. She knows that she ended things with y/n just for her petty revenge. And she knows how she ignored y/n's warnings and sided with Ultron. So it was fair to say that Romanoff didn't like her.

"That's enough for me." Steve said in agreement as he looked at Fury. "How about you, Barnes? Is that enough?" Fury asked in annoyance since it was because of Bucky that he had to change their punishment. "Yeah, that's enough."

"Not for me."

Everyone looked over to Wanda who finally spoke up as she was being uncharacteristically silent when the topic was about y/n.

"I want to know what's wrong with her." Wanda demanded as she looked at Bucky who remained silent at her request while everyone including Natasha looked at her in confusion. "What exactly did you see Wanda?" Pietro asked

Wanda glanced at her brother then back at Bucky who refused to meet her gaze. "She was locked in an iron coffin, under the sea." Wanda said as everyone listened in. "She was— drowning. And then coming back to life." Wanda said as her voice cracked a bit

Wanda took a deep breath before she continued. "She was hammering her bloody fist and knees against the iron." She continued as Bucky glanced at her with his jaw clenched. "She felt like something insane, something furious." She added and Bucky looked down at his hands as he was aware of y/n's mind at that time.

Fury who didn't look surprised by her story didn't stop her. "But she kept fighting—" Wanda paused as she could feel her heart breaking as the scene replayed in her mind. "—and she kept drowning." She finished as her voice trembled.

Natasha who was silently listening looked between Bucky and Fury who looked regretful while the others were shocked by what Wanda relayed. Of course, Natasha was also one of them as she has no idea what y/n had to go through but she wanted to know why that happened to her so she continued to look at the two men who were now looking at each other.