Chapter 11

A week passed and everyone started to adjust to each other. The avengers now knew better than to ask y/n private questions since they'd be met with Bucky's glare.

Of course, the only exceptions were Steve and Natasha. Steve would ask non-intrusive questions about y/n since he already knows her so he would just occasionally ask about what she and Bucky were doing all these years. While Natasha was a different story.

Natasha held no regard for Bucky's glares or rude replies every time she'd ask the siblings something about y/n. Of course, y/n learned to ignore the woman. She didn't hate Natasha. On the contrary, she's always been impressed with her. Considering how y/n appreciates a good fighter when she sees one.

Y/n at first would get annoyed or irritated at Natasha constantly prying about her past. But she knew if she didn't respond to the questions Natasha lets it go.

However, not everyone is like y/n. Bucky on the other hand would constantly fight and bicker with Natasha. Just like what they're doing right now.

"Remind me what you're doing here again?" Bucky softly said as he remained seated beside y/n's bed while her sister was sleeping.

"Why? Is my presence making you uncomfortable?" Natasha asked sarcastically as she was standing up with her body leaning on the nearby wall. "Extremely."

"Since I'm actually here to look after y/n who you said should be put on a leash." Bucky reminded her but the woman only rolled her eyes at his inability to let things go.

"You're still hung up about that? That was a week ago." Natasha said as she decided to have a seat on the chair that was by the foot of y/n's bed.

"What do you think?" Bucky asked sarcastically but Natasha just smirked at him while looking unbothered by his harsh tone. "Well, I think you can't take a joke." She joked again while Bucky tried to not be swayed by her

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl." He reminded her as the gears in his arm started to move and make subtle noise. "Funny. I was about to say the same thing to you."

Moments like these were normal for the past week since Natasha would always sneak inside y/n's room while Bucky would try to make her leave.

"Why are you even here? Why do you care so much?" Bucky asked in frustration. Natasha who was expecting a comeback from him froze for a second as she, herself, does not know why she keeps on looking after y/n.

"I don't." She finally answers and looks away. "Like I believe that." Bucky replies.

He might be dense sometimes but he's not stupid. He notices a subtle change in behavior of Natasha when it comes to Y/n.

"Look, you should know that y/n already has—"

Bucky was cut off when y/n woke up screaming as she scrambles on her bed. Bucky rushes behind y/n as he quickly grabs her wrists, preventing her from hurting herself or anyone else. "Y/n stop. Stop. It's me, Bucky."

Y/n continued to scream hysterically as Natasha stares at her in horror. "You're safe! You're safe, y/n. Look around you." Bucky kept telling his sister who was starting to relax at the sound of her brother's voice.

"I'm here y/n. I'm right here. You're okay." Bucky kept reassuring y/n as she starts to calm down and look around her surroundings, finally realizing that she was in her room.

Natasha looked at the broken woman in front of her that was sweating buckets and had scratches on her body from her own doing. It was not an overstatement to say that she looked crazy.

Natasha walked away as she felt terrified for the cause of y/n's screams.

As y/n finally calmed down Bucky gently let go of her as she stayed seated on the bed and took deep breaths. She made sure to check her surroundings again and that's when she noticed Natasha in her room with her back against the siblings. "Romanoff, is that you?"