Chapter 39

"Nice to meet you too, Dr. Linda. Let me introduce myself." Y/n said as she tried to focus on the doctor and forget about her talk with Natasha earlier. "I am y/n, the Goddess of War and Vows." She introduced herself politely as Dr. Linda just gave a bright smile.

Feeling confused by the doctor's quick acceptance of her introduction, y/n leaned back in her seat as she stared at the doctor.

"You don't seem too bothered by me being the Goddess of War and Vows." Y/n observed as she studied the doctor's passive facial expression.

"I've had my fair share of clients like you." Linda replied as y/n wanted to ask if Thor and Loki happened to be her other clients but she knew that those two were too prideful to ever seek help.

"I'm also guessing Fury gave you my file." Y/n deduced as she knows that Fury has made a compilation about y/n in the past years that he knew her. "Oh, he did." Linda replied enthusiastically as she remembered the thick file that was sent to her.

But she then froze as she remembered that y/n disliked other people knowing too much about her which resulted in multiple murders just to keep those people silent about what they know about her for all eternity.

"Can't really say I'm surprised by this point." Y/n mumbled as she rolled her eyes at the thought of Fury interfering with her life. She found him very annoying but never did anything permanent to him since she considers him one of the good guys, just like Linda.

"Last thing we were talking about was the topic of you being bothered by feelings of humanity." Linda quickly changed the subject and y/n frowned at the reminder.

"And by feelings of humanity, I meant the feelings of the avengers." Y/n explained as Linda narrowed her eyes and tilted her head in confusion. "Please elaborate."

"I mean they're being unreasonable." Y/n started to rant as Linda listened intently. "Is that so?" She replied.

"Yes. I mean can you believe them? I tell them something about myself and now they're forcing me to change my mind." Y/n continued as she was starting to naturally talk about her problem.

"About your choice to try and kill yourself?" Linda asked and y/n paused and stared at her for a while.

Death was never an easy topic to talk about even if she was a goddess. She knew she had a twisted view of life for decades now, but admitting it to someone was always scary as she never knew how they would take it.

"Yes.. about me wanting to die." Y/n said as Linda saw the longingness and despair in y/n's eyes.

Linda was made aware of Y/n's situation. She knew that y/n what Fury knew, that y/n is Asgard's goddess of War and Vows. She also knew that y/n was banished to Earth and had been unable to die for hundreds of years.

She knew of y/n's tragic deaths. She knew how y/n was trapped underneath the ocean for years as she was unable to die. She knew how y/n was burned to death multiple times as she was accused of witchcraft. She knew all of it that the knowledge of it plagued her with sleepless nights as even the imagination of all those deaths could send even the strongest of minds into madness.

So when Fury asked if she could treat y/n she was hesitant since she thought that y/n would be a crazy goddess that could blow a fuse at any moment. But as the doctor stared at y/n's rational and even calm demeanor it only made her more curious as to what had anchored y/n's mind and kept her sane for all these years.

Could it have been the stone that was vaguely explained in the file or could it be an entirely different thing? Linda didn't know, but she knew she wanted to find out.