Chapter 34

"You want me to do what" Cris all but yelled into the phone shocked by her question.

"I want you and I to have a sit down dinner with my brother" what was up with the men in her life being shocked by meeting each other.

"I don't know Lina isn't it a bit too soon to be meting your brother" his hypocrisy made her scoff but she tried to keep her anger at bay and responded calmly.

"Well considering I met your mother and siblings which may I add one has a dislike for me, I would consider it normal" she could see how this would be nerve-racking for him but it still didn't excuse him not even having an open mind to it.

"Can I have some time to think about it" his tone of voice didn't apply it as a question but more of a command.

"Take all the time you need, as a matter of a fact don't worry about meeting him" looking back on this conversation she could see how quick things escalated when they shouldn't have.

"Catalina you're acting like a child"

Those weren't the best words the man could've used in the situation. All over the media and news there were several theories on their new found relationship which wasn't shocking. Unfortunately one did have the concept of Cristiano taking advantage of the age differences seeing as there was quite a gap. Catalina had mentioned it in a previous conversation as a joke but it seemed as now it came back to backfire on her.

"Not a child, but a woman who is not being shown the same respect as a man" how was it fair that she was sprung upon a meeting with his family and he couldn't even cater to her want for him to meet hers.

"It's not like that and you know it" but the thing is she didn't know the reasoning for his denial.

"Then what is it? Because right now that's the only seemingly answer I can find" deep down it hurt her.

Here was this man that for the first time in years she felt she could be serious with and it seemed he couldn't recuperate that. Was all the spiwich of having a possibly happy future together all a lie to her, just some ploy in his game to mess with her. No she couldn't and refused to believe that he would stoop that low.

"I–I just—I just don't want to, isn't that enough reason on its own" he knew this wouldn't be an acceptable answer for her seeing as how she was so excited when she told him the news.

"No I need—no deserve an actual answer" couldn't he at least do that for her.

"I'm sorry Lina" was his only response after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence.

"I think I need some time for myself...so I would appreciate it if you don't call me until I feel like I can answer without saying somethings I'll regret"

She just needed some separation to see what this was actually going to lead for their future, for her it was a huge setback for it seeing as he couldn't even make the effort to meet his possible future in-laws. Or maybe she was just overthinking this all and was already setting this relationship up for failure, but why shouldn't he show her the same respect she showed him when it came to his family.

"Catalina let's not do this right now, will talk about it when I land in Barcelona tomorrow" he pleaded urgently not wanting to end the conversation in that way.

"Actually no let's do this right now. I'm sure you understand that I just don't want to talk about it tomorrow after all isn't that enough reason on its own" her mother always used to say how her temper would get the best of her...in that moment it shown through.

"Lina–" was the only word he got to form before being cut off.

"Goodbye Cristiano"

•••

"So you mean to tell me you went through all that trouble with Leo just for the jackass not to even consider it" Neymar was immediately at Lina's house when she called in distress sounding on the verge of tears.

"Well he did say we could talk about it when he landed in Barcelona" was her pitiful attempt to defend Cristiano knowing an assault on him curtesy of Neymar was soon to start.

"Lina no men has ever uttered those words with the means to actually listen. It's just another way of saying hey I'm not going to change my opinion on it but instead I'm going to manipulate yours" Neymar should know this seeing as he has read every playbook offered to man kind.

"Do you think the boys were right on him and I'm just being a love sick fool" god did she hate it when the boys were right.

"I think that when you love someone, you love them hard and sometimes that's means getting hurt beyond belief when things have a set back" Catalina had such a big heart which wasn't a good or bad things but it did mean that it was easy to hurt it with just a few words.

"Should I call and apologize for acting a bit brash" maybe she did go too far this time.

"No I think this time apart would do you guys well. After all every couple has to end the honeymoon stage somewhere"

•••

Just a short chapter today sorry.