Chapter 2

ALEX'S POV

I lifted my head up and I saw a ball near me. That was probably the reason why I fell.

"Are you ok?" someone asked.

I turned my head and I saw a guy who was extending his hand to help me standing up.

I took his hand and I stood up wiping the grass from my jeans.

"Yes" I said.

He was taller than me. He had dark hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a pair of football shorts and a black t-shirt.

I thought he was around my age and he was really handsome.

"I'm sorry. I kicked the ball hard and it hit you" he said embarrassed.

"Don't worry" I said blushing "It happens"

He nodded "Anyway, I'm Glen" he said
"I'm Alex" I said shaking his hand.

"Glen! Come on mate! We want to play!" one of his friends shouted.

Then he took the ball from the ground "It was nice to meet you Alex, see you around" he said "Bye" I said waving at him.

Then I sat under the tree watching the boys playing football.

Glen was very good and he scored a goal too. The guys jumped on him and they fell on the ground laughing.

That scene made me think about my friends and how much I missed them.
So, I decided to go home for calling my best friend Amy.

When I opened the door my brother came running toward me and he hugged my waist. He was 7 years old so he wasn't very tall. He had blond hair like my dad and me and green eyes like my mum.

"I've missed you" he said. I smiled at him. "Where have you been?" he asked curiously

"I just walked around the neighbourhood" I said

He nodded and he went in the kitchen.

I followed him and I found my mother cooking.

"Hey! You're just in time for dinner" she said

"I'm sorry mum. I'm not very hungry"

"Alex, you should eat something! We've travelled for the whole day"

"I know, but I just want to be alone and call Amy" I said and then I went in my room and I locked the door behind me.

I just wanted to cry. I missed my best friend so much. I knew Amy since we were 3 and she was like a sister to me.

I took the phone and I dialled her number.

"Hello?" she answered

"Amy!" I said

"Alex! Oh my God! I was getting worried!" she yelled on the phone

"I'm safe don't worry" I laughed

"How are you?" she asked

"Bored and angry" I said

"I miss you Alex" she said sadly

I felt like crying because I felt the same "I miss you too sis. It's not the same without you"

"Don't you dare to find someone who you can replace me with" she joked

"Who knows... School will start in two days and maybe I'll find another one who I can share my secrets with" I said smirking

"Alexandra Marie Smith! I swear if you do that I'll come there by myself and I'll make you regret the day you were born!"

I was laughing so hard that I couldn't catch my breath.

"Ok, stop it now. I can't breath" I said still laughing a little

"You're crazy..." she said

"But you love me" I said smirking.

"Sure. I have to go now. I'll call you soon. Bye Alex, love you"

"Love you too" and we hung up.

I laid down on my bed and I stared at the ceiling.

I didn't know if this was right for us. We needed a new life but it didn't mean that we had to go away from our friends and our family. My mother knew that this would have been painful for me and Jason but she didn't care and she did it without asking our opinions.
I was lost in my thoughts and somehow I fell asleep.