Chapter 15

ALEX'S POV

After what had happened me and Glen decided that we would have talked to Brittany when we would see her at school.

I was a bit nervous because of that because I was afraid of what Glen would have told her. But I would have tried to stop Glen from making things worse. I just wanted to talk to her and explain her how the things actually were.

I was home and I was making breakfast. Jason was sat near me eating his cereals and my mum was upstairs tidying her room.

The doorbell rang. It would have probably been Glen. I went and opened the door and I stared at the man in front of me.

His blond hair was longer than the last time I saw him, and it was about 2 months ago. His brown eyes were looking at mine. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a grey sweater. He had always been a sportive man, so he used to wear comfortable clothes.

"Alex, who's...." my mum couldn't finish her sentence because she froze looking at him.

"Gary?!" my mum said in disbelief....

"What are you doing here?" she was angry. I could tell that by the look on her face. She had her hands held in fists.

"I want to talk to you Nicole" he said staring at her

"About what?" she said

"Our children" then I turn to look at my dad

"Why?" I asked worried

"Can I come in or do we have to talk about our personal stuff on the doorstep?" he asked. Actually he was still on the doorway of the house.

We made him come in. "Alex, go upstairs with you brother" my mum said

So, I went in Jason's bedroom to stay with him, while my mum and my dad talked to each other about us. Hundreds of thoughts were running through my head. He said he wanted to talk about us, but why?!

I didn't tell Jason that dad was downstairs or he would have ran to him. He missed dad because before our parents divorced, we were a wonderful family...

We spent much time together and we had fun. I didn't know what made them stop loving each other, but that was awful because they started yelling for every bullshit mutually.

I missed those times, when they divorced, it wasn't easy neither for me and Jason nor for my parents.

We used to be a unified family and when we saw that we were separated we were hurt, but we needed to move on.

I heard yelling and fighting and I tried in every way not to make my brother listening to them. And every moment of the old fights came in my mind and I couldn't help but to close my eyes and try not to listen.

"Why is mum yelling, Alex?" Jason asked looking at me with his innocent face

I didn't know how to answer to his question, he was smart enough to understand what was really going on.

"S-She's talking to her friends I think" I said

"On the phone?" I nodded

"Maybe they are a little deaf and they can't heard mum on the phone, so she's raising her voice" he said smirking.

"yeah, maybe" I said smiling a little. It was amazing how he could make me smile even when I was nervous or angry.

I went near him and I hugged him, I needed it. I missed hugging my little brother.

Then we heard the door shut. I was worried "Jason, wait here, okay?" he nodded.

I kissed him on the forehead and I exited the room and I closed the door behind me.

While I was climbing down the stairs I saw my mum sat on the floor hugging her knees to her chest and she was crying.

I ran and I went on my knees. "Mum, where's dad?" I asked looking around

"H-He l-left" she sobbed.

I hugged her and she hugged me back. I didn't know what happened between her and my dad but I was sure that it was nothing good.

We broke our hug and she looked at me with her puffy eyes.

"What happened?" I asked caressing her cheek

"H-He wants t-to take you away from... me" she said

"He can't do that mum!" I said and my vision started blurring.

"He can, you are minors and we can't do anything about it. We'll go in the courthouse and the judge will decide if you're staying with me or with him" she said and she began sobbing again

I had never hated my dad. He hadn't done nothing wrong before that. Before we left London he was ok with the decision that we were going to stay with mum and we would have spent only the holidays with him. And then he changed his mind!

"Mum, we will never leave you, I promise!" I said hugging her tight. I started crying too. He couldn't do that to us, not when we were starting a new life in Dublin.

"What if he'll have the custody?" she said looking at me

"He won't. I promise" I reassured her and I kissed her cheek...