Chapter 27

ALEX'S POV

After half an hour the doorbell rang. I took my leather jacket and I said goodbye to my mum and Jason who was playing with his toys.
I opened the door and Glen was standing there with his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Hi" he said kissing me

"Hi" I said smiling

"You look beautiful" he said

"You don't look too bad yourself" I said smirking.

He took my hand and started walking. The walk wasn't that long and we were in time when we got to the park and Danny, Mark and Rina were already waiting there.

"Hey guys!" Mark greeted us and so did the others.

"Where are Sam and Beth?" I asked.

"They're late!" Danny said rolling his eyes annoyed.

Suddenly two voices yelled at us. They were Sam and Beth's.
We turned around and they reached us.

"Sorry guys. Sam's fault" Beth said breathless.
They had probably run to try to get in time.

"What? Who did blemish the t-shirt I was wearing? Guess what? It was you and I had to change it. So it's your fault we are late" Sam replied.

Then they two started arguing and Mark had to stop them before things would have got worse.
I found it amusing and so did Glen.
They were so childish and honestly without them my life would have been so boring.

Then we started walking toward the diner and Glen put his arm around my shoulder as we walked.
Suddenly Sam pulled me out of Glen embrace and she dragged me to walk behind the guys. I gave Glen a small smile which he returned.

"What are you doing Sam?" I asked her confused.
The other girls joined us and they were smiling at me.

"You didn't tell us how it happened with Glen" Rina said.

"Yeah, she's right" Beth said

"Okay, calm down... I'll tell you" I said laughing.

I told them everything: the fight with Sean, how Glen asked me out, our first date...
When I finished telling my 'story' they all started congratulating and saying that me and Glen looked cute together.

We finally arrived at the diner.

"Can I steal my girlfriend from you please?" Glen said as we entered it.

"Yeah, you can now" Sam said smirking
Glen took my hand and lead me to the table where we would have seated

"What did they want?" Glen whispered in my ear as we sat.

"It's not important" I said smiling at him.

"Okay" he said and he kissed my forehead.

"So, how all of this happened?" Danny asked referring to me and Glen.

"Aww leave these two love birds alone Dan" Mark said as he slapped Danny's head

"Hey! What was that for?" Danny replied as he rubbed the back of his head. Mark just smirked at him and we all laughed.
Those guys were hilarious.

The waiter came to our table and took our orders. We all ordered hamburgers because Mark said it was one of the best places where to eat the best hamburgers in Dublin.

We chatted and laughed and we were having a great time all together.

The food arrived and we started eating it.

"I'm going to the toilet" I whispered in Glen's ear and he removed his arm that was around my shoulder.

I went to the bathroom. It was empty. As I looked myself in the mirror I saw someone behind me.
I knew who it was and anger and fear started growing inside me.
I turned around and I came face to face with Brittany...