Chapter 8

GLEN'S POV

I was following Alex into the shop when someone tapped my shoulder and when I turned around I was grasped by a pair of arms that hugged me tight.

Then the stranger released me and I recognized the person who had hugged me: Brittany

"What the fuck are you doing?" I said to her angrily.

Her black hair were falling above her waists and her green eyes were full of make-up.

"I saw you and I wanted to say hi" she said with a sweet voice

"Okay, you've said hi, now let me go" I snapped at her. Then I looked at Alex. She was standing at the shop's entrance looking at us. So, I started walking toward her

"Glen, I want to talk to you babe" she said standing in front of me, so I couldn't go further

"I don't want to, and don't call me babe" I said and then I walked to Alex

Brittany then saw Alex and her face became red for the anger. "Who's her?" she asked

"It's none of your business" I said taking Alex by the waist and got inside the shop.

Once we were inside I stopped "I'm sorry, she's crazy" I said grumbling

"Are you ok?" Alex asked placing her hand on my shoulder "We can go home if you want"

"No, I won't let her ruin this day" I said looking at her

She nodded and then she took my hand "If you want to talk I'm here, ok?" she said looking at me in the eyes.

Hers were so beautiful; they were full of sweetness and caring.

I nodded. "Ok, let's go shopping now!" she said

*2 hours later*

It was dark and we were coming home. Me and Alex were silent until I decided to speak

"She was my ex-girlfriend" I said not looking at her

"That girl?" she asked softly

I nodded. "We were at a bithday party of one of his stupid friends and she got drunk and I found her making-out with another guy" I said remembering that night.

I was hurt but somehow I moved on because I understood that she didn't deserve my pain.

"I'm sorry" Alex said looking at me

"I'm okay now. I've been hurt for like a day but then the pain went away because the guys helped me to be strong" I said "I don't know what I would do without them"

Then I heard Alex sighing. I turned to look at her and she was crying silently.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her softly

She was looking at the ground, so I put my hand under her chin to lift it up.

She closed her eyes, probably because she didn't want me to see her crying.

I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. I stroked her hair and she cried harder.
"Sorry, I drenched your t-shirt with the tears" she said lifting her head up, so she was looking at me.

"Don't worry. Are you ok?" I asked

She nodded "I heard you talking about your friends and it reminded me how much I miss mines" she said looking at me

Her brown eyes were puffy for all the tears and it broke my heart seeing her like that.

"I'm sorry" I said

"No, don't worry" she sais smiling a little

"It'll be okay. I promise" I said hugging her again. She smelt like violet, it was very gentle.

Then we began to walk again to reach our houses.

Once she was at her home I went to mine. I opened the door and I found my brother on the sofa.

"Hey! Where have you been?" he asked

"Around the city with a friend" I said as I opened the fridge to took a beer.

"Where are mum and dad?" I asked looking around

"They went to the restaurant to dine out" He said

"Okay, I'm going to my room. Good night" I said climbing the stairs.

When I changed into my night shorts I climbed into my bed and I took my guitar.

I started plucking the strings and I somehow I started thinking of her. How much I liked spending time with her or how much I loved hugging her and smelling her scent.

She made me feel good and I was open to her. We spent a beautiful day together having fun and talking about ourselves.

I put away my guitar and I fell asleep thinking about her....