Chapter 32

ALEX'S POV

I ran to Jason's body in the street.

"Jason! Jason, please wake up!" I began to cry. I put my hand behind Jason's head for lifting him up but I felt something on my hand. It was blood.

"Oh my God" I whispered looking at my hand.

"I'll take you the hospital" a man around his fourty said. He probably was the one who hit Jason.

"You better do that" Cole screamed to him. I forgot Cole was there too. He came beside me and he lifted Jason in his arms.
We got in the car and we rushed to the hospital.

Once we arrived Cole opened the car door and picked Jason up again.
I tried to keep myself calm because I needed to. I couldn't begin to cry when Jason needed me the most.
I ran to the front door of the hospital and opened it.

"We need help" I said to the woman behind the desk in the waiting room.

"What happened?" She stood up and in that moment Cole came inside with Jason in his arms.

"He's been hit by a car" Cole said breathless.

"His head is bleeding" I added.

"Okay guys, calm down" the woman said.

She ran into an hallway and seconds later she came with a doctor and two nurses who were carrying a stretcher .

"Where's the kid?" The doctor asked and when he saw him he put Jason on the stretcher.

"You need to stay here" one of the nurses said to us as we tried to follow him.

"I'm sorry guys" the man who took us to the hospital spoke.

I didn't say anything and I went and sat on the chair in the waiting room.

"Guys, I think you should call your parents" the woman who helped us said.

I nodded my head and I went to her desk. I dialled my mum's phone number and she picked up at the second ring.

"Hey Alex, what are you doing?" She cheered on the phone.

"Mum" I whispered. I didn't know how to tell her what had happened.
"Alex, are you okay?"

"Mum" I took a deep breath. "Come to the hospital, please".

She didn't speak and I began to worry.

"Mum, it's about Jason" I added.

"I'm coming" she said emotionless and she hang up the phone.

I went to sit on the chair again. I was so worried about Jason. I knew it was my fault that Jason had been hit. If I had paid more attention to him, that wouldn't have happened.

"Are you okay?" Cole asked me as I sat down.

I stared at the ground. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Especially Cole.
I just wanted Glen to be beside me and tell me it was going to be okay.
I needed him more than anything.
The silence between us was uncomfortable and I was hoping my mum would come soon.

After what it seemed like hours, my mum rushed through the hospital door and when she saw us, she ran towards us. Behind her there were Glen and Helen.

My mum hugged me "What happened? Are you okay? Where's Jason?" She had tears in her eyes but I knew she was trying not to cry in front of the others.

"Jason is on surgery I think. They didn't tell us anything. They just took him away without saying a word. He's been hit by a car" I said and I began to cry again. My mum began to cry as well and Helen tried not to cry too as she took my mum to sit away from us.

Glen came to me and hugged me. I cried on his shoulder and he let me do it. I was guilty and I didn't deserve his love. His brother kissed me and even though I didn't kiss him back I felt bad for Glen.

"I'm so sorry" I said before I could stop myself.

"It's not your fault Alex" he said caresssing my hair.

"Yes it is" I sobbed.

"Shhh it's going to be okay" he spoke and he tried to kiss me. But I moved my head so he kissed my cheek.
He sat beside me and I put my head on his shoulder.
I had to tell Glen about what had happened between Cole and me as soon as possible.
But I decided to wait until we would know something about Jason.
Glen didn't deserve what I did to him.
Hundreds of thoughts ran into my head and with them I fell asleep.