Chapter 36

*1 week later*

GLEN'S POV

Finally Jason got out the hospital and he was feeling a lot better. We went back to our normal routine: school, homework and everything.
There was just one thing, or better, a person who wasn't acting normal: Alex.
I felt like she was acting different . When we hung out she barely smiled and when I asked her if something was wrong she just shrugged and avoided the topic.
I'd lie if I said I wasn't worried for her...
Danny and Mark said Alex acting weird was due to Jason's accident. I half believed them but I wasn't sure.

We all went back to school, and I was putting my books in my locker and then I would wait for Alex because I had to tell her a really good news that it would have probably changed my future.

Right in that moment a hand touched my shoulder.
When I turned around I saw Brittany with a concerned face.

"Hi Glen" she smiled, showing off her perfect white teeth.

"What do you want?" I sighed as I closed my locker.

"I need to tell you something" she said

"Listen Brit-" I passed an hand through my hair and she cut me off.

"It's about Alex" she specified.
That caught my attention...
"What about her?" I asked.

"I can't tell you here... let's go outside" she said.

I nodded and I followed her outside.
Once we were sat on a bench in the school yard, she started talking.

"This will be hurtful for you. But I need to tell you this" she began.

"Tell me what happened" I said firmly.

"Okay" she took a deep breath and said "The day Alex's brother had that accident I was there and... I saw Alex and Cole kissing"

"You're kidding right?!" I laughed sarcastically. She couldn't be telling the truth.... she just couldn't.

"No, I'm not" she said shaking her head.

"How come you know about the accident?" I asked.

"I was going back home and I saw them at the park and then the accident happened right in front of me" she explained.

I stood up "It's just one of your stupid plans to make me stay away from her, isn't it?"

"Ask her, if you don't believe me" she said as she stood up and walked away.

I didn't know what to think. Brittany seemed to tell the truth, but I couldn't believe Alex did that.

I waited for Alex outside the school because we were walking home together and I decided to talk to her about what Brittany told me at home where Cole would be as well.

When Alex walked out of the school we made our way home. The entire walk was silent, and for the first time since I've been with her, it was uncomfortable...

She asked me if I was okay and I just told her I was. I didn't want to cause a scene or something because every time I looked at her, it reminded me of what Brittany had said.

Once we were near our houses I told Alex to come over because I needed to talk to her and she nodded and followed me in my house.

And like I had imagined Cole was there too.

"Hey guys" he greeted us. He was just sat on the couch watching a movie.

I decided not to waste my time so I took the remote and I turned the tv off.

"What the-" Cole protested but I cut him off.

"We need to talk" I said "The three of us" I added.

Alex's and Cole's expressions were a mixture of concern and...fear.

"About what?" Cole asked standing up from the couch.

"Someone told me something about you two..." I began. I saw Alex swallowing and she avoided eye contact with me.

In the other hand Cole was looking directly in my eyes.

"What about Alex and me?" Cole asked coldly.

"Is it true you kissed?" I said as I looked between the two of them waiting for an answer.