Chapter 39

ALEX'S POV

I closed the door and I looked at the letter in my hand. Nothing was written on the envelope. I sat on the couch and I slowly unfolded it.

Dear Alex....
I recognised that writing and it was Glen's.
My eyes began to tear up just seeing that letter.
I started reading it...

Dear Alex,
I'm sorry I walked away that day, I needed space and I messed up.
I should've talked to you and fixed things but I was so hurt I couldn't even think straight.
Promise me you won't cry over me and what I did and I hope you will get over me. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get over you. You've been the most important girl in my life so far and the one I loved, I still love and probably will love the most.

His words made me cry. And it was official: he didn't want to be with me anymore.

That day I needed to tell you something important but I forgot and now I don't know how to explain this to you because I know it'll break your heart.
When you'll read this, I'll be somewhere else...
Few months ago I applied for a private music school and last week I received a letter which told me I've been accepted.
This will be good for my future. I'll study drumming and I hope my dream will come true some day.
I wanted to tell you because I thought you would've left Dublin when you would graduate this year and we could've live our life together.
I'm sorry Alex, I'm so sorry.
This school isn't in Dublin, and not even in Ireland.
And I left. I just finished packing and I started writing this letter for you.
I'll leave in one hour.
I should've said goodbye at least but I just couldn't face you again.
I'll give this letter to Mark and Danny and I'll make sure they give it to you when I'll be gone.
Don't ask them where I'm going to because they won't tell you, because I will tell them to do so.
I'm so selfish I know, but this will be good for both me and you.
I'm sorry Alex, for everything.
I'm sorry for breaking your heart like this. But this is THE END WHERE YOU HAVE TO BEGIN...
Just remember that I love you with all my heart and I'll never forget you.
I wish you all the best.

With love, Glen

I was sobbing uncontrollably.
He left without saying anything. He didn't even say goodbye...
He didn't even finish school. I knew he didn't want to attend school here in Dublin and so he thought to apply for a private one.
I was happy for him because he would follow his dream. But I was angry at the same time.
This was too much. He wanted me to be happy but he just broke my heart even more.
I knew I wasn't innocent either but I just couldn't handle it.
I was so angry and I tossed the letter on the floor.
I started crying even more.
Glen said he didn't want me to cry over him but I couldn't help it.

I took the necklace he gave me as a Christmas gift in my hand and teared it off my neck and tossed it on the floor as well.
It was the end... But like Glen had written, that was the end where I would have to begin my life without him.

THE END

A/N I'm sorry. I know you all expected this book to have a good ending but ops ;)

I want to thank everyone who has been reading/voting/commenting this story bc it means so much to me.

But... THE STORY ISN'T FINISHED YET BECAUSE THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK CALLED "EXIT WOUNDS" WHICH I'LL PUBLISH ASAP :D

Hope you enjoyed reading this book and thank you so much again :)