Chapter 4

ALEX'S POV

It was the first day of school. I didn't feel like starting a new school year.

I just wanted to lay in my bed all day and sleeping.

I was eating breakfast that my mum made me: it was pancakes with maple syrup. She knew that it was my favorite, so she cooked me that to cheer me up.

"Jason! Come on! We're going to be late!" my mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

My brother came running down from his bedroom with his school bag on his shoulders.

"I'm ready" he said.

"Good. Alex! Come on!" she said. I took my black school bag from the floor and I put it on my shoulder.

I was nervous to attend a new school. Many questions were running into my head. Will I ever be able to make new friends? What if they don't like me? What if teachers hate me?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that we were arrived to school.

"Alex, we're here honey" my mum said looking at me. I gave her a small smile and I kissed her cheek.

"Good luck" she said smiling in return.

"Thanks mum, see you later" I said as I came out of the car.

I took a look around. It was full of students: some were sat on the grass, some on the stairs that led inside the school.

Some of them were looking at me while whispering to each other.

What was their problem? They had never seen a girl?!

I tightened the grip on my bag and I made my way into the huge building in front of me.

I went to my locker and I took the books that I needed.

I closed the locker and I turned around and I frightened.

"Hi!" the petite girl in front of me said

"Are you new here?" she asked. I nodded.

"I'm Elizabeth, but call me Beth" she smiled. She was very pretty: she had brown wavy hair that reached her shoulders and green eyes.

"I'm Alex" I said smiling back "And yes, this is my first day here"

"Do you want me to go with you to your classroom? What's your first lesson?" she asked. She wasn't so tall, but she had a lot of energy inside. Lucky her!

"English" I said.

She opened her mouth in disbelief "Really? We're in the same class! Come on, let's go!" and then she took my hand and she brought me in a classroom.

There were just a few students who were sat in the corner. Beth took me at the bottom of the room and we sat at the last two desks. She was sat at my right and at my left there was the window.

"So, where are you from?" she asked

"London, I moved in here just two days ago" I said.

"Do you like it here?"

"Well, I haven't had the chance to walk around the city but I'll do it soon" I said.

Then loud voices filled the room, I looked at the door and standing there was Glen with two guys. I looked at him shoked, fortunately he didn't see me.

Beth noticed that I was staring at him "Aren't they cute?" she whispered smirking.

I didn't have the chance to answer when a tall man entered the room.

He was short and bald, he seemed very strict.

"Good morning students, I'm Mr. Carroll and I'm your English teacher for this year" he had authority in his voice and that scared me a little.

I wasn't listening to him because I was busy staring at 'the guy that followed me everywhere' aka Glen.

Luckily the lesson went quickly and I left the room as soon as possible because I didn't want Glen to see me. I was in the hallway waiting for Beth who was still in the classroom talking about God knew what with Mr. Carroll.

I didn't know why I was avoiding that guy, but everytime I saw him something happened inside me. I felt like blushing and my heart beat faster.

Finally Beth finished talking to the teacher and we made our way to our next lessons.

Me and Beth had nearly the same lessons, so we were together most of the day. We became friends very quickly.

She was really talkative and funny and we got on very well.

The day finished and I was putting the books in my locker. Beth went to her locker that was far from mine, so I would have waited for her outside the school.

Suddenly I heard someone calling my name "Alex, is that you?" I regognised the voice and I froze.