Chapter 22

ALEX'S POV

I woke up to the sound of Glen's voice in my ear. Then I remembered that I had fallen asleep after the mess Glen made. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Glen standing in front of me reaching out his hand for helping me standing up

"Your mum's here" Glen said. I ignored his help because I was still mad at him but, above all, I wanted to see my mum.

"Where's she?" I said panicking. I looked around and I saw a woman coming toward us. It was my mum! I ran to her and I gave her an hug.

"Oh my God Alex, I've missed you so much" she said looking at me

"I've missed you too mum" I said

Her eyes were puffy and it got me confused. Why? Was she crying? What if she was crying because... I didn't want to think about it. I had to be positive.

She hugged Helen, Nick and Glen and we headed toward Nick's car.

I turned to her looking for a response to my doubts but she just smiled at me.

The ride home was silent and when we got back to Glen's home, Jason was waiting for my mum on the doorstep with Cole.

When my mum got out the car Jason ran to her and she took him in her arms and she span him around.

Nick took her luggage from the boot of his car and gave it to Cole who took it inside the house.

We all went in and Helen made us sitting on the couch in the living room

Glen was seated on the armchair opposite me. I noticed he was staring at me. I blushed for sure and I turned my head to look at my mum.

"Um, I think it's time for you to know what happened in London" my mum said

"Hey Jas, why don't you go with Cole to the park? I'll come there soon" my mum added looking at my brother who was seated on her lap. He didn't know anything about the trial and stuffs...

Jason nodded and followed Cole through the door.

When it was closed my heart seemed to stop. She was looking at the ground and it wasn't good because it seemed that...

"I won the trial" she said lifting her head up for looking at me.

"W-What?" I couldn't believe it! She won the trial and it meant that I would have stayed in Dublin, with my mum and with....Glen

She nodded smiling at me and I hugged her. I felt like crying because I though she would have told me a bad news.

My mum stood up from the couch and Helen hugged her and Nick did the same.

I looked at Glen. He was smiling and he came to me and hugged me, and I hugged him back.

"I'm so happy you'll stay here" he said caressing my hair

"I am too. But I'm still mad at you" I said breaking the hug.

"We'll talk about it later" I added.

I was so happy my mum still had the custody on us. I didn't how I would have reacted if my brother and I wouldn't have stayed with her.

"We have to celebrate, then" Helen said "I'll cook lunch for all of us"

"Okay, I would really love to help you but I promised Jason I would have gone to the park" she said.

"Don't worry Nicole. Go to him, Nick will help me" Helen said

"Thanks, see you later" my mum said as she opened the door.

"Bye" we all said together and then she closed the door.

Then Helen and Nick looked at us "For what has happened at the airport you're not going out until next year" Helen said to Glen

"But..." Glen tried to speak but Nick stopped him

"Glen, your mum is right. You shouldn't have done that and you deserve to be grounded" Nick added

It was the middle of December so he wasn't going to go out for at least two weeks.

"I'm going to make lunch, see you later" Helen said going in the kitchen.

Nick sat on the couch and turned the TV on.

"Um, you wanted to talk right?" Glen asked me

I nodded. I wanted to know why Glen had reacted like that at the airport. He owed me an explanation.

"Dad, can we go out now, just for an hour?" Glen asked his dad

"Okay, but come back soon. I don't want your mum to find out and be mad at me" he said

"Okay, thanks dad" Glen said taking my hand and I didn't have the time to react because we were already outside.