Chapter 34

ALEX'S POV

I was sat outside shocked by what Cole had said. He was threatening me...
I couldn't believe he was acting like that. I had always seen him like a good guy and now he was revealing the worst part of himself.

I won't say anything and you won't either... Cole's words were racing through my mind and I felt a little scared.
Would he do something bad if I told Glen about mine and Cole's kiss?
I needed to calm down and go and see Jason.
I took a deep breath and I went inside the hospital.
Glen and Cole were sat beside each other and they both looked at me when I reached the hallway.

"Your mum's in Jason's room" Glen told me. I nodded and I knocked on my brother's hospital room.

"Come in"

I opened the door. I felt tears in my eyes when I saw my brother lying on the bed with a bandage around his left arm.
He smiled weakly at me. I reached the bed and took his hand
"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm feeling better" he replied and I just nodded because I didn't know what to say.

"I'll leave you alone" my mother whispered in my ear as she stood up from the chair and exited the room.
So, I was alone with my little brother and seeing him like, that made my guilt grow even more.

"I'm sorry Jason" I apologised as I sat on the chair next to his bed.

"For what?"

"Because I'm not a good sister"

"No, you are the best sister every brother could dream about" he said smiling.

I giggled a little because of what he said.

"Do you remember anything about what happened?" I asked quietly.
"Just a little. Like I was playing with the ball and when I kicked it, it ended up in the middle of the street. So I went and got it and then I saw a car and I can't remember anything after that" he explained.

I admired him because he was talking about the accident so calmly.

"I'm glad you're feeling better Jason" I said taking his hand.

"Thank you" he replied.

"Where's Cole? I want to see him" Jason asked.

"He's outside with Glen. Do you want me to go and make him come in here?"

"Yes, please" he pleaded.

I didn't know how to feel about Jason seeing Cole. Jason got very attached to him and I guess Cole became one of my brother's closest friends.

I got outside and Cole and Glen were still sat in the waiting room.

"Cole" they both turned around.
"Jason wants to see you" I added looking at the ground.

I couldn't look at him in the eyes. Since the kiss and our talk outside I felt very uncomfortable around him.
I went and sat beside Glen and he took my hand in his.

"How are you?" He asked me.

"I don't know..." I sighed. "Jason's okay though" I added.

"Yeah but you're not" he said softly.

I remained silent because I didn't know what to say, and he was right. I wasn't okay... I needed to tell him what had happened because I couldn't keep it from him anymore.

"I have to tell you something Glen" I said and he looked at me worriedly.