Chapter 10

ALEX'S POV

"What?! My mum came to your house?" Glen asked while we were going to my locker at school.

"Yes Glen. Your mum came to mine yesterday!" I said to him for the hundredth time.

"But why?" he asked

"She wanted to know her neighbours" I said smirking.

He rolled his eyes and I laughed at his reaction.

"Hey guys!" Beth greeted us

"Hi Beth" me and Glen said together

"How are you today?" She asked

"Good, thanks" I said

"Are you ready for Maths?" She asked

I nodded "I just have to take my books" I said.

"See you after the lessons girls. Oh, Alex I still want to know the details about my mum's visit" Glen said as he walked away.

I shook my head and smiled.

He was overreacting. When I told him about his mum's visit he couldn't stop asking me the same questions over and over again because he couldn't believe it.

Anyway, he wasn't in the same Maths' class as me and Beth. So, we were going to see each other at the end of the lessons.

"What were you talking about?" Beth asked.

"I'll tell you later. It's a long story" I said as I opened my locker.

"Okay. I'm going to take my books, see you in the classroom" she said and she went to her locker.

I closed my locker. Then someone pushed me against them again.

"What the....?!"

"Oh, the princess is hurt?!" It was Brittany, Glen's ex! She was standing in front of me with two girls beside her.

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily

"I just want to warn you" she smiled.

She got closer so her face was inches from mine.

"It's better for you to stay away from Glen or you'll regret the day you met him" she whispered in my face.

"He's mine and no one's" she said

"Got it?!" She said louder looking at me and then she went away with her friends following.

I was breathing heavily.... Glen was right, she was crazy!

I looked around me but the hallway was empty, meaning that the lessons were started. I was late!

I ran to my classroom as fast as I could.

I knocked at the door and an angry Mrs. Green told me to come in.

I entered the room "Miss Smith, you're late!" She said looking at me through her glasses which were on the end of her nose

"I'm sorry Mrs. Green, it won't happen again" I said looking at the ground

"You've got detention today, after school" she said "and now you can go to your desk"

Great! What a good way to start the week!

Beth looked at me with a weird look. She knew that something was wrong and I was sure that she would have asked me about the reasons why I came late when the lesson would have finished.

But I didn't want to tell her... not yet.

__________________________________________________________________

The lesson finished and we exited the classroom. I exited first and Beth followed me.

"Why did you come late?" She asked

"I had an, um... a sort of glitch" I say

"What kind of glitch?" she asked narrowing her eyes at me

"Um, I went to the toilet and when I was exiting I couldn't open the door, so I stayed there until I was able to open it" I know, stupid excuse, but I was awful at lying.

"Why didn't you call help?" She said almost worried

"No one could hear me, everyone was in their classrooms. But I'm here now, so, it's all okay" I said trying to avoid the conversation.

She nodded and then we went to our next lesson...