Chapter 33

ALEX'S POV

I woke up to my mum shaking my shoulders lightly.
She was kneeled in front of me.

"Hey, they have some news about Jason" she whispered.

I tried to stand up but I couldn't because there was something on my head.
"Be quiet, don't wake him up" my mum said.
Then I remembered: it was Glen. I remembered that I fell asleep on his shoulder and he had probably fallen asleep straight after I did.

"Thank God, he's okay now. He went on surgery because he had an internal bleeding but they stopped it. And he has got a broken arm. He's sleeping now. They said we have to wait for an hour or so and then we can see him" my mum explained.

"I'm sorry mum. I should've been more careful" I said feeling the urge to cry again.

"It was not your fault Alex" she smiled a little "Things happen. This is life" she said with a sigh.

"Yeah" I said staring at the white wall in front of me.

"Would you like something to eat?" My mum asked as she stood up.

"I'm not that hungry mum. I'd prefer drinking some tea, please" I said.

"Okay sweetie" she said as she went to take my drink.

I was glad Jason was okay. I meant it when I said that I should have been more careful...
Glen woke up and he lifted up his head from my head, that was still on his shoulder.

"Hey" he said kissing my cheek.
"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm okay. Jason is okay too"

"That's great" he said as he rubbed his neck, probably because he hadn't slept very well.
I told him everything my mum told me about Jason.
He looked relieved while he was listening to me.

"Where's Cole?" He asked and I felt a pain in my chest at the mention of him.

"I don't know actually" I said and then my mum came with two cups of tea in her hands.

"Here you are" she said as she handed both Glen and me our teas.

"I thought you would wake up now, so I took you some tea too" my mum said to Glen.

"Thanks Nicole" he smiled at her as he took a sip of his tea.

"Can we go see Jason now?" I asked impatiently.

"You have to wait, but you will be able to see him soon" my mum said.

"Oh and Cole wants to see you Alex. He was worried about you" my mum added.

I swallowed hard. I didn't want to see him, but I had to because I had to get out of the mess I was in.

"Where is he?" I asked standing up. I felt Glen tensing up beside me.

"He's outside I think" my mum told me.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Glen asked.

"I'll be fine. I'll come back soon" I smiled at Glen.

I went outside the hospital, only to find Cole sat on a bench playing with his fingers.

He felt my presence and looked at me.
"Hey, I thought you would never come" he said looking sad.

I decided not to sit beside him, so I stood in front of him in an awkward silence.

"I wanted to talk" he added. I stayed silent so he spoke again.
"Alex, I am so sorry for what happened, but please talk to me" he pleaded.

"You're sorry?" I repeated his words angrily.
"Do you understand it is our fault if all this shit has happened? Do you know that if you didn't kiss me and I didn't let you do it in the first place, Jason would be at home right now?!" I yelled. I tried not to be too hard with him, but I couldn't help it. I was angry with him and he needed to know it.

"Alex-" he tried to calm me down but I kept talking.
"And now I can't even look Glen straight in the eyes without thinking of what I've done to him, what we've done..."

"He doesn't need to know..." He said quietly.

"What?!" I stared at him disbeliefly.

"What are you saying?! He's your brother, he's my boyfriend. I can't hide something like that from him"

"That kiss didn't mean anything to you... So he doesn't need to know" I had never seen Cole acting so coldly since the day I met him.

"It was a mistake. I won't say anything, you won't either" he said and he walked away leaving me speechless....