Chapter 4

"Focus Hiccup, your not even trying," Gobber remarked. "Today is all about, attack. Naders are quick and light on their feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter."

Y/n stood near Gobber as he gave instructions. Liu stood on her other side looking uninterested. Looking him over, Y/n noticed his bandaged hand and eye bags. They weren't too dark, but they were noticeable. Gazing back at the students avoiding the Nader, Y/n noticed how physically well the others were in comparison to Hiccup.

She had dragged herself out of bed, dispite her feels, she had to insure her friend was going to be okay. Right now, it seemed like he was doing alright. The Nader didn't hold as much interest in him as he continued to ask Gobber questions related to the nightfury. Y/n made a note to ask him about it later.

Y/n mused as the dragon seemed to laugh at Snotlout. She silent wish for it to eat him as he ran from the Nader. Hiccup continued on and on with his questions as Astrid ran dodging and weaving threw the maze. Y/n and Liu noticed quickly that the walls were collapsing. Liu quickly went to the entrance as Y/n stood just above where the carnage would be.

"Hiccup!" Gobber warned.

"Hiccup!" Astrid called in warning as well.

Hiccup spins around to see the maze walls collapsing like dominos toward him, finally realizing what was going on behind him. As Astrid came flying over the wall, she crash landed on top of Hiccup.

"Oooh! Love on the battlefield!" Tuffnut called in a mocking tone. 

"She could do better," Ruffnut defended.

As the Nadder closes in, emerging through the cloud of dust, Y/n has noticed Liu coming into the area.

"Just... let me... why don't you...," Hiccup stuttered over his words as Astrid tried to stand up.

The Nadder spun around and raced back toward them with vigor. When Astrid had finally untangles herself, she went for her axe that was attached to Hiccup's shield.

Frightful, she planted her foot against him to pull the axe free, still burrowed into the shield. Liu had jumped in freeing the shield from Hiccup's arm so Astrid had the defense. Swinging it, she had hit her mark.

Hiccup curled avoiding the shard remains of his shield. Liu helped him up, brushing the dust off.

"Well done Astrid," Gobber called from above.

Astrid, finally able to relax from  the near sudden death, she turned on Hiccup.

"Is this some kind of a joke to you? Our parents war is about to become ours, figure out what side your on," she hissed pointing her axe at him.

Hiccup said nothing. Clearly stung by her words.

"Hey Astrid," Y/n called, jumping down into the area. "Your the one who fell on top of him when you found it smart to jump across the walls like a rabbit! Although he wasn't paying attention, he was asking questions about a particular dragon, so there shouldn't be a question on who's side he's on. So if I am missing something, pray tell. I'd like to know."

Astrid glared at her coldly as Y/n stood firm daring her speak against her. Hiccup slowly took a step glancing between the two.

"Easy, Y/n. Hiccup should be more aware of his surroundings," Liu spoke in. "And even if Astrids method wasn't the best, no one was seriously injured. That's what counts."

Y/n glared at Liu, then back to Astrid.

"If you say so Liu, but her words weren't necessary," Y/n spoke firmer. "Near death experience or not. Hiccup's loyalty shouldn't be questioned over something like this. If she is going to give him criticism, it should be over his awareness."