Chapter 13

Y/n stayed in the hut with Astrid visiting on occasion. Liu would go sit outside for fresh air. The feather furies had tried to encourage Y/n outside, but weren't very successful until recently. Gothi walked into the hut and Y/n had greeted her in kind. Gothi took her staff and wacked the girl gently.

"Ow! What was that for?" Y/n asked, rubbing her head.

Gothi used her staff and pointed outside. Y/n stared at the door and stepped back. Before she could turn around, Gothi used the hook of her staff to grab Y/n before pushing her to the door with her staff. Y/n stood at the door, and turned back to find Gothi glaring at her. All the while Toothless watched somewhat amused.

Seeing this wasn't up for discussion, Y/n stepped outside to find Liu sitting on the steps. He looked back at her and offered a smile. Y/n smiled back and sat next to him. She didn't feel like walking around and running into her so called brothers.

"I've been talking to them while you kept yourself locked up," Liu pipped up. "They were asking a lot about you."

Y/n shifted and looked over at Liu. He was looking better. Not as beaten and near dead.

"What did you tell them?" Y/n asked.

She wasn't angry, but curious as to what Liu told them. Liu turned to Y/n and smiled.

"Just told them you were training to be the next healer here on Berk. That you were well trained in the arts of a blacksmith," Liu leaned back and looked up at the sky. "That you had aided and supported Hiccup for this future. But I had also mentioned you'd probably keep a distance. A news drop of why we were brought is a lot to take in."

Y/n looked away when Liu looked at her. He didn't push or pry. He just sighed and stood up. Offering a hand out to her, Y/n stared before taking it hesitantly. Holding her hand gently in his own, he let out a whistle. Familiar cries of the feather furies sounded from above.

"She's flying again I see," Y/n smiled seeing Moonstone circle before landed in front of them. "You seem to be doing better."

Moonstone snorted and turned finding her hatchling landing next to her. They ruffled their feathers and shook releasing the loose feathers. Y/n chuckled softly and reached her hand out. The amber eyed dragon nuzzled against her instantly and cooed.

"Wanna fly?" Liu asked.

Y/n turned and looked him over. It's been a week and a half since the accident. She wasn't sure if Liu should be trying to fly.

"I'll be fine," Liu smiled giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Come on."

Y/n hesitanted before the amber eyed dragon slide her on her back before she could change her mind. Moonstone lowered herself letting Liu on. Y/n took a shaky breath before both dragons took off. Y/n had carefully held to the amber eyed dragon before realizing, she didn't have a name for it.

Moonstone took the lead with the amber eyed dragon following. Y/n looked over to fine Liu grinning widely. She felt herself smile. It was so nice in the sky. Circling around the whole of Berk, Y/n had eased and just sat as they glided skillfully threw the air. It wasn't until they landed on a cliffside.

The feathered dragons let them off as they both sat and stared at the horizon. Y/n smiled a patted the amber eyed dragon in thanks. It nudged her gently and laid down. Y/n smiled and laid down next to them. Liu followed suit, but leaned on Moonstone.

The sun was still high in sky, but the view was still lovely. A cool breeze blew by. Both dragons had used their wings to cover Y/n and Liu.

"Apparently our people sang," Liu smirked. "Wether before battle, on holidays, or just because, the village was always filled with song."