Chapter 23

Y/n and Liu panted lightly as they slowly got back in position. Cherry and Salem had been overlooking everyone's training. It had been three days since Ashaw, Koby, and the others left to oversee the sea. Since then, Salem made sure everyone was ready for the worst. He had even gone out to check around the island.

"Run it again," Salem called out.

A few groaned, but they did so. As Y/n and Liu spared, Salem noticed that dispite the force, strength, and accuracy Liu had with each strike, Y/n had sharper reflect, quicker strikes, and had braced for most of his strikes because of how fast Liu had started to move.

"Cherry, when you said you and Ashaw train them, you weren't kidding," Salem looked over to her. "Although everyone has been excelling with just their hands, they'll need to learn with weapons. What weapons did they excell with?"

Cherry tilted her head slightly and recalled the training sessions.

"Liu is very cable with any bladed weapon, but favors the short blades. He is very skilled in close combat," Cheery grinned. "On top of that, he is actually incredibly flexible with his body making him a harder target. I'm a little surprised Y/n had landed as many hits as she has, but since they have been sparing for awhile, she's grown quite custom to his fighting style."

Cherry had felt herself twisted a chain he had around her neck carefully recalling an old friend who had similar skill. Salem noticed, but didn't say a word about it. He knew it was gift from someone special, and he made sure to avoid getting her another one because of it. Even so, she played with the necklace only when she thought of them. It was something Salem wanted to talk about, but never pushed.

"And Y/n?"

Cherry glanced to him before looking to Y/n. She slowly stopped twisted the necklace and looked over Y/n as she had dodged, moving her body to circle behind Liu. Liu was quick to regain balance and blocked her blows.

"Fast, durable, and an unshakable will. She doesn't ever stop fighting. Her time in the blacksmith has aidded in a bit on her strength, but she still isn't quite as strong as she could be. Even so, her time as a healer has given her the knowledge of the human body," Cherry frowned lightly as something tickled the back of her head. "She excelled with bows and throwing knives. Her aim has the high percentage rate of 97 percent success of hitting a moving target when she herself is in motion. A 83 percent of it being fatal and 27 percent of it being an instant death. That is with the both. Those target boards were pretty worn byt the time she was done, so I asked if Haggard had any spares."

Salem gave a slow nod as Y/n was knocked down by Liu, but was quick to recover. It wasn't until Salem called out for them all to rest did Liu pull his blow as Y/n slowly relaxed. Letting everyone take a break and rehydrate, Salem walked down to the trainees. Telling them all what they needed to work on, and assuring them they were doing well. Salem sighed knowing the next step in training wasn't one he was ready for.

"Alright, it's time for the next step in training. Weapons," Salem revealed a wide range of weapons. "As you can see, we have bows, swords to daggers, axes that are single and double sided, and hammers."

Salem grabbed one and flicked the hammer, swinging it around. Everyone went to grab one, but Salem spoke up before they could grab any.

"Before you go grabbing one, I want you to work with what you aren't use to using," Salem smirked. "Help bring more versatility."

Liu and Y/n shared a looked knowing what Y/n flawed in had to do with her lack of strength to hold heavy weapons. Axes, hammers, and some swords had been a little heavier when she tried using them. She crafted and molded many weapons, but even now Haggard he lifed the weapons to be hammered. Swords were the easiest thing for her to craft.